Author Topic: Anyone Own a Rare Breed Mastiff ?  (Read 37250 times)

Offline DevilDog43

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Own a Rare Breed Mastiff ?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 05:20:00 am »
This is a great looking Cane Corso!! I love his build & head.
Cane Corso's were my first Mastiff I ever owned. I love them.
Best of luck with him

Donna

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 11:40:52 am »
Very nice looking dog!  I am partial to the dark brindle   ;)

Rachel

Hello.

I"m new to the board, but I have a male Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff). He's from Italy out of a breeder called Morgan Cane Corso. I would say that he's the lighter breed of the Mastiff's, but can still grow to be pretty large-Sire was 130lbs, Dam was 120lbs.
Maximus is a wonderful 2 year old that snores me right out of the room. He's the second one that I've owned and an absolute joy in my life!

Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline kalishetani

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 02:18:23 pm »
Hi.  I am new to the board.  I don't know how to post pictures.  I am currently owned by 2 Spanish Mastiff bitches.  I also have a Cane Corso too.  I am looking into maybe a Fila De Sao Miguel pup.  Still searching for the kennel and pup.  Plus I have an OEM and my tiniest an Australian Shepard. 

If someone can give me directions on how to post pictures, I would greatly appreciate it.

Rebecca

nickerbokker

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 02:28:39 pm »
its soooo easy.....when you are posting(in a new topic or just a reply), right under the space for the body text, there is a ADDITIONAL OPTIONS in bold...click it, and there will be this little menu that pops up and one option is ATTACH, just click browse and attach.  if these are crappy directions...i am sorry LOL....someone else will help you, or there is a post about posting pictures, just search for it in the search bar

welcome!  i cannot WAIT to see all the pix of your doggies!  you have a housefull huh!

nice to have you here!  you will love it!

Offline Abel

• Gnawer
  • Double Trouble ...
    • View Profile
    • Outeniqua Boerboels
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 03:29:37 am »
I have 3 South African Boerboels, one is a brindle 3yo female, looks just like the presa/boerboel mix above!!! I have a spoiled 2 yo, and a 10 month old male, both "yellow with black masking". I am waiting for my next female in about 2 1/2 months she will come over from South Africa, as the rest have.-Britt

Eventually, an other Boerboel-owner !

Hi everyone, it's nice to see how much you all are pleased with the choice(s) of dogs and breeds you've made.
We too: 2 Boerboels chose us to live with, here in Netherlands, Europe. The male was born around the corner at Immer Moed Boerboels http://www.immermoedboerboels.com/; the female comes from Vincent Marvell http://www.marvell.co.za/.

Any other Boerboel-owners here ?

Albert.
http://www.elmwich.org/outeniqua/
boer-boel@lycos.nl
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 04:30:31 am by Abel »

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 07:22:04 am »
 Albert,  I do not own a Boerboel  but I would like to see pics of yours, for some reason I can't view them ???

Offline Abel

• Gnawer
  • Double Trouble ...
    • View Profile
    • Outeniqua Boerboels
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 08:14:06 am »
for some reason I can't view them ???

That's weird - no pictures at all or just the ones at the 'pictures'-pages ?  ???

You can see photo's of Abel and Lucy also at http://outeniqua.50webs.com/photos/fotos.html .

Some other pictures you can see at http://outeniqua.50webs.com/events/may2005/may292005.html ; not Abel or Lucy but you can see Abel's breeder (the one with the beer-tray) and me with two sisters of Abel: Immer Moed Anne and Immer Moed Amber (Amber scored more than 85% that day at the appraisal!).

Also you'll find pictures at the old site (which is not maintained anymore!): http://members.lycos.nl/boerboelabel .

Can someone tell me what's wrong with the pictures at my site ?

Albert.
http://www.elmwich.org/outeniqua/
boer-boel@lycos.nl

BabsT

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 06:24:13 pm »
I own a Central Asian Ovcharka!

Offline Fldroolers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2005, 01:48:19 pm »
Thanks Donna, Yes they are true angels. I mostly just do bassets but I have grown to love this breed so much I just took in another one (but just as a foster)
He is awesome. Best temperament for the breed . He was dumped at the shelter also and of course I was contacted.lol 
His name is Goliath. He towers over and has a greater length than my other 3.
He really is an angel though. He came in with a severe Kennel cough but is on his way to feeling better.We all just love him to death but 3 permanent Filas is more than enough. House is only so big.......lol  I am sure we will find a perfect home for him as he has the greatest temperament. He has definitely been kept socialized. (even though he hasn't had the greatest of care).My other babies are doing well .
My Basset hound came in with severe mange about 4 years ago and we go thriough break out here and there. Unfortuantely it really does screw up the immune system

Sandy

Offline gerry

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2005, 02:42:52 pm »
Being Italian I love the corsos.  I own a Rottie and 3 Boerboels.  Also there are are cane corsos from Morgan in California.  Californiacane corso.con

Gerry

Damon
[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/100516590.jpg[/img]

Zanta
[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/3228599/51263081.jpg[/img]

Bruno 3.5 months in the pic
[img width= height=]http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL420/1522477/7307453/101273441.jpg[/img]

Offline Halo05

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2005, 03:38:33 am »
Hi,
Did your Fila's come from D.C.? Mine was rescued from there about the same time.

Offline Bordeauxmamma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 08:42:43 am »
i am also new to the board. I have a Dogue de Bordeaux and 3 boxers. I am amazed everyday how many pet stores in my area that are popping up with rare breed mastiffs. The pet stores by me have Bordeaux's all the time and now are getting in Italian and argentinian mastiffs too. I am afraid that these rare breeds are going to become common MUCH TOO SOON. Does anyone else notice this happening?

Offline msbrookins

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 01:57:55 pm »
Unfortunately,

I have to agree that way TOOO many pet stores are popping up with rare Mastiffs. It's been a practice of mine to always contact the petstore and find out who supplied the dogs, that way I can post it all over that they're an unethical breeder. No ethical breeder in their right mind would agree to sell their dogs in a pet store! That alone shows you that the breeder has no concern about where/who their dogs end up-very sad!
My Corso is from Morgan Cane Corso in Italy and we stay in contact constantly directly and through his US contact, California Cane Corso. It's almost to the point that I really wish that the Cane Corso not ever be recognized be the AKC because once it does...all h*ll is going to break loose!! >:( :o
courtney brookins

Offline Bordeauxmamma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2005, 10:09:32 am »
I too stay in contact with my breeder. I send her pictures and let her know how he is doing and she always makes a point to answer back even if its a "how cute" and thats it. At least you know that they are still checking up.
The pet stores by me (New Jersey) are selling the pups for the same $3500-$4000. I never thought to call and ask I just might start doing that. i really hope that these breeds dont get ruined by these irresponsible people. I know of someone that bought a Bordeaux after they saw my christmas card with all my dogs in it. They went to a pet shop in NY City and the people in the store told them that the dog will never be over 100lbs and he wouldnt drool and he could be left alone for long periods of time. How insane is that. I dont know what breed they were talking about but it certianly was not a bordeaux!! the dog is now a year old and over 100lbs and he drools so the people dont want him anymore!!!!!! It makes me SO MAD. Oh and best of all they told her that the dog was from champion lines --a great breeder!!! I cant understand the nerve of these people.

Offline msbrookins

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005, 10:18:41 am »
Very sad story that I hear on a constant basis. Well, if the dog was from champion lines...hopefu lly they got papers on the dog which will make it a lot easier to sell....?????-I know that's wishful thinking :-\
Here in Seattle, WA...it's starting to become more and more common for people to recognize my Corso, even more common for offers to breed him to Pit Bulls.
I think the only thing to do to help dog lovers/buyes out there, is to let them know that buying a dog is like buying a car. You just don't buy the first one you see.... You check it over, you check around to see what else is out there, you make sure it fits in your budget, you make sure that it's everything that you want.....etc.
Hopefully there will be a happy ending for the Pet Store Mastiff.
courtney brookins