Author Topic: bitter sweet  (Read 1486 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
bitter sweet
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:20:20 am »
well, today is a bitter sweet day.  scout has been riding with hubby all morning because we're getting a new aquarium (going from a 55 to a 72 gallon bow front that's about 6ft tall with the stand) and she likes car rides so much, we figured it won't hurt anything.  her new mommy and daddy are going to meet hubby on his way home on the second trip for the other half of our aquarium, at about 2.  i feel bad about rehoming her, but i know she'll be a lot happier in a kid-free home.  she also got a bath this morning, but i don't think she appreciated that gift from me.  also, on another good note, i've been able to get diesel to eat a lot more than what he usually eats in the morning.  instead of eating 4 1/2 or so cups and a can of dog food all day, he's eaten that in two meals as "breakfast" and then he asked for "lunch" by digging in the converted dog food "trash can."  he keeps going back to the bag and wanting more, but his tummy is so full i vote we'll wait until late this afternoon to feed him again.  i guess scout going home with them is best for everybody, but it sure is quiet around here now  :'(
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: bitter sweet
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:05:43 pm »
scout's new family will e-mail me the first week to make sure things are going good, then i'm not asking any more from them.   at least not for me, just that they give scout a great home :(
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 01:23:44 pm »
*update* scout went home with her new family, hubby said they hit it off really nicely.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 01:30:21 pm »
Aww that is bitter sweet, but at least you found her a wonderful home.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 01:59:13 pm »
I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with Scout.  Maybe when they email you with an update you can ask them to join the group that way you can still see pics of Scout.   
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience