Author Topic: Sick St. Bernard...Please Help  (Read 8108 times)

k2campbell

Re: Sick St. Bernard...Please Help
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 02:04:20 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear about Harley's diagnosis, I know just how devestating this news is. We lost our beloved Rotti (Slater) to cancer in 2005. I hope the steroids improve Harley's well being and he can truly enjoy himself, in every senseĀ  ;)

My heart aches for you right now. I am just so sorry. Harley is lucky to have such a loving family. I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Take care.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 02:06:42 pm »
So sorry... sending lots of hugs and slober your family's way.  We're thinking of you.
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 04:08:42 pm »
He seems to be doing pretty well (probably better that I am doing). The sterroids are helping him eat and drink more and I just had him to the doctor and he said his lymphs nodes have gone done dramatically in size. We also did more bloodwork to see if his calcium has gone down. He had some mineralization in his intestines that was causing him to be sick as well. We have been puming him with fluids (Sodium Chloride) to try to get the calcium down and I think it must be working, because he is no longer vomiting.

I just keep thinking that I will wake up and this whole thing is just a horrible nightmare.

Stacie

dohertyswissy

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 04:10:29 pm »
I am so sorry to hear this.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.