Author Topic: New Here and To Pyrs  (Read 10433 times)

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New Here and To Pyrs
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:44:37 pm »
Hi All:

I am new here  :-[ A friend of mine recommended this site so I thought I would take a look.  Looks like a great place.  Hi PennyK ***waves madly*** :D

I have a 10 yo Saint Bernard X Rhodesian Ridgeback and am chosing a 3 month old pyr puppy today to bring home  ;D

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on how to intergrade the puppy into our fold.  It is a busy house of 2 adults, 3 kids, 5 cats, 1 dog and 2 horses all on 5 acres of property  ;D.  I want for this new family member to be happy both in and out of the house.  Our Saint hates being outside, he is just a big baby  :)

I have so many questions and really no idea of the answers.  Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and if you guys are anything like the horse board I belong to I promise I will post pictures as soon as I can  ;D
I hope to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Here and To Pyrs
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:52:08 pm »
OHHHHH!!!!!!!!! 

Patti's here!!!!!!!! 

Yippeee!!! 

Time to start the party BPO'ers!!  This chickee is awsome!!!  LOL!!

Glad you could make it over!!  There are a ton of Pyr people here who will be more than willing to help out a pyr newbie!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 03:54:33 pm by PennyK »
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:56:02 pm »
Hey Penny  ;D,  Yeap I finally made it  :-[.  Been lurking and looking for 2 hours.  Man there is lots to look at  :o.  Great advice, great stories and awesome pictures.  Hope to be able to hang around lots  ;D

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 10:08:30 pm »
Well I got my new little girl  ;D  She is such a doll.  A real sweety  ;D We just have to name her now  ???  I have pictures but can't work out how to post them or put one as my avatar  :(
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:09:11 pm by Saint Pyr »

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 10:10:32 pm »
Let's try this.  OK here she is ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:11:01 pm by Saint Pyr »

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:11:44 pm »
And here she is with my big guy  ;D

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 05:33:12 am »
Pyr puppies seem to adjust easily no matter where you drop them off.  Our Pyrs used to love the cats when we had them- they have very little prey drive and the cats teach them whatever manners they needed to know.  The key to Pyr pups is to socialize socialize socialize during puppyhood.  And a word of wisdom is that you MUST have a securely fenced area as they WILL wander off.  Many people think they can train their Pyr to stick around but as that puppy grows it ain't going to happen.  They are bred to cover huge tracts of land and you just can't overcome 2000 years of genetics.  Very pretty puppy by the way

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:58:21 am »
She's adorable!!!!!  Looks like her and Slugger are getting along just fine!! 
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 09:04:57 am »
Hi and welcome to BPO.  I'm Andi, mom to Koby (Great Dane) and Quinn (Evil White Kitty).  Your little Pyr girl is soooooo adorable! Can't wait to see more pics!  ;D

chaosndestruction

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 10:30:50 am »

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on how to intergrade the puppy into our fold.  It is a busy house of 2 adults, 3 kids, 5 cats, 1 dog and 2 horses all on 5 acres of property  ;D.  I want for this new family member to be happy both in and out of the house.  Our Saint hates being outside, he is just a big baby  :)

Oh and if you guys are anything like the horse board I belong to I promise I will post pictures as soon as I can  ;D

Welcome to the board!!! I'm Bri! You think that's a lot for 5 acres? lol I live on 5 acres with my parents (and 2 sisters) and we have 5 dogs, 4 cats, 6 ferrets, 5 horses (3 mares, 1 stallion, and a month old filly), 5 cows and in the spring we get pigs!

What's the horse board you post on?

Offline pink2378

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 11:54:47 am »
She is just so CUTE!!!  Makes me almost want another puppy.  I guess I'll just live vicariously through all the other puppies that are here!

BTW I'm the mom of Lucy, an 8 month old Newf.  Welcome! 

marypyrs

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 01:42:49 pm »
Hi Patti! Welcome! I'm Jane. Mom to two Pyrs. Rainbow is 4 yrs old and Whisper just turned 7 mo old. Also three horses. Commander, Valley, and Bugsy.

Your new Puppy is adorable! Looks like she and her handsome Fur Brother are getting along great. You're in for tons of fun.  ;D Looking forward to lots & lots more pictures.  :D

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 03:44:02 pm »
Hello! I'm Angeleen, Mom to Bella (7 month old Saint).  Welcome to BPO! Your pupper's are awesome! I think Slugger (that's what Penny called him) is beautiful, and the puppy... oh she's just adorable. Nice to meet you, and look forward to lots and lots of pics!
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 03:55:50 pm »
Well thank you so much for awesome welcome  ;D.  What a great group you have here. 

Well the first night went well.  Woke me up at 3am to go out and then was great for the night.  No accidents or anything.  Am really, really hoping that it just wasn't a lucky night  ;)  Wanna bet on my chances  LOL

Well I am alittle embaressed to reveal this but it seems that my beautiful little girl is a boy!!!  :o.  How you ask??  Well I never checked, just took the owners word for it, but when she/he rolled over for a belly rub this morning I noticed that things just weren't in the right places  LOL.  Oh well, no worries, we just now have to find a boy name instead of a girl name, so I am taking suggestions  ;D

What's the horse board you post on?
Hi Bri.  I post on the John Lyons Discussion Board.  Pop by they are a great lot of people  ;D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 04:36:21 pm »
AWWWW!!!!  What precious babies!!!  I just wanna snuggle both of them!!  Girl.. boy... as long as they're cute, who cares??   :D

My name is Heather and I'm the Mom to Ranger, a 2 year old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. 

Welcome to BPO!!!