Author Topic: A cat story  (Read 1817 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
A cat story
« on: July 08, 2005, 08:54:59 pm »
Since some of you said how you enjoy different stories, I have some cat stories that are true and since this is a dog board, I can probably get away with it.

When my kids were little and the fruit orchard was a bloomin, I would make freezer jam and store it in (guess what) my freezer in the garage.  We had baby kittens at the time and it was late at night when I opened the freezer door and pulled out a jar to thaw overnight.  I did not notice that one of the kittens climbed in (it was an upright freezer).  The next morning (really) I heard this faint meeewwwee coming from the garage.  I opened up the freezer and out popped this kitten but its tail was as straight as a board!!!!!!!!!!  It ran off and later the tail fell off so I got a home for it right away as a max!!!

I have more that I need strength or a few beers to tell.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: A cat story
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:41:37 pm »
ohhhhh pooor baby, I cant believe that the poor thing was still alive in the morning. I bet you were a bit surprised to see him in there lol.....

Now THAT is what I call accidental docking of tail hehehehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: A cat story
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 08:17:58 am »
This has nothing to do with dogs, but I am always up for a good 'animal in the freezer' story.   ;D

When I worked at Sea World, I had two roommates who worked in the bird department there.  One of my roommates had an evil lovebird named Doogie who couldn't keep a wife.  Every little lovebird wife she brought home for him would die.  Eventually she clued into the fact that maybe evil Doogie was having a hand (wing?) in the deaths.  So, she talked to someone at work and they offered to do a necropsy on one of the wives for her to determine a cause of death.  So she popped the wife in the freezer until she could take it in to work with her...

...and promptly forgot about it.  And the next wife...  And so on.  

We eventually had quite a little stack up in there.  That was always fun to try to explain to our guests at a party who just wanted to get an ice cube..  ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*