Author Topic: indestructible toys?  (Read 18655 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
indestructible toys?
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:46:57 pm »
I'm looking for some great indestructible toys.  I know we have covered this before but I need a refresher since Shiner eats everything.  I have two of those hard red rubber bones that you can stuff the ends with peanut butter or whatever.  Well, Shiner has eaten one end of one of the bones.  He got a globe ball last night and has already ripped the continents off of it and that was withing 30 minutes of having it.  He has eaten through the privacy fence and eaten a tree in the back yard.  I'll even settle for a toy that will last maybe a day or even an hour or two.  I'm not asking for much.  ;D  Any ideas?
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
Re: indestructible toys?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 09:47:45 pm »
try those white, hard, and hollow bones.  the black kongs that you get at petsmart or petco are guaranteed to last at least 30 days...if not, you get your mulah back....and i know petsmart's return policy is really lax....just hold onto your receipt.  when you fill up the kong with treats and peanut butter...freez e it b4 you give it to him.  it will last longer.  if he doesn't like p&b then try cheese wiz.
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:53:15 pm »
oooh. i love these topics... My zero has eaten every toy we've given to him... EXCEPT...
hes obsessed with his bad cuz ball, he will not distroy it... and its made out of amazing rubber... Also the company who makes the Bad Cuz had a line of amazing toys... the company is called JW. i just bought them a hard red bone, for their teeth its a minty flavor... and with TWO bullies, they havent distroyed it yet... heres pics
Zero with his new bone and zero with his bad cuz
Jodi
Oh, and just so u know. the Bad cuz is WAY stronger than the Good Cuz and the Dino Cuz ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:06:21 pm »
yea the bad cuz line is great....i was trying to think of what that brand name was so thanx for posting it! bad cuz also has a really hard rubber sqeakie toy.

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 10:19:25 pm »
Yes. they are amazing! i love the JW line... I have three different brands of their toys, the bone, the bad cuz (and a distroyed good cuz) and a treat ball (which amazingly stands up to the bullies also, but they dont play with it nearly as much)... I find alot of Bull terrier owners use these products and love them. and are VERY thankful to find such a well made toy :)

Jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 10:21:51 pm »
yea, someone needs to come out with more toys like them....but new and different....t hey'd make a fortune!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 10:29:11 pm »
So- get on it ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 10:32:13 pm »
Thanks for the ideas.  I'm all for helping make the new and improved toy.  I'll even let Shiner be the toy tester.  I think I've tried the cuz but not sure if it was the good or bad.  I don't think it lasted long so had to be the good cuz. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 10:52:28 am »
Jo i'm so much more in love with Zero now!!! Those pics are just wayyyy too cute!!!!<3

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 10:56:39 am »
I've had pretty good luck with the "Tuffies" brand of toys.
http://www.edogtoy.com/retail/index.php

They have lots of different styles, and the chew rating seems to be pretty accurate (thus far!)
-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 10:57:33 am »
rofl, thanks :) Zeros a ham and loves the attention hahaha
u'll have to make a special trip to visit him hahah
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

chaosndestruction

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 11:00:56 am »
oh I wish I could!!! That would be awesome! Then I'd get to meet the notorious BPO bull Terrors...haha ... ;D

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 12:36:28 pm »
Phelan has a big good cuz and a small bad cuz which are currently both intact, I got him one of those Tuff tires (the big one) and he destroyed it but it took him a long time to do it, he got a rope toy out of it and the tire is now about 1/8th the size but he still plays with it. Phelan doesn't eat it (thank god) so the downside is my living room floor and office is covered in quarter-size pieces of hard rubber---but hours of entertainment for him.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 08:40:32 pm »
 ;D There are only a few toys that have lasting power at my house:

1. Kong. The big one.

2. Nylabone. I think it's called the Wolf size. It's pretty dern big. They do eat it eventually but it takes a few months. There's also one that is shaped like a rawhide bone, and that one is very much still intact after a year! I got it at Target.

3. These really cheap fire-hydrant-shaped toys from Walmart. I don't know who makes these things but the dogs love them, and they are hollow so you can put peanut butter in them. :) They come in blue, green, and red I think.

4. The rubber tire-on-a-rope that also comes from Walmart. They tear the rope off the first night but then the tire lasts forever.

Good luck!!! :D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 01:52:29 pm »
The only toys to last with my dobie/pit girl, Ellie, the destroyer of all things stuffed, including pillows and cushions of any kind... are "Yankers" made by the company "FatCat!" I got them at Target...  the one's that are still around after several months are: The alligator, fish and snake!

http://fatcatinc.stores.yahoo.net/instyadogtoy.html

Also there is a really tough hallow "Rhino" cone by Nylabone that Ellie has not been able to naw off any bits of...  and that girlof mine plowed through the black kong products with no problem at all....so this ball gets two thumbs up from me.  ;D 

http://www.nylabone.com/default.aspx?pageid=120&prodID=70

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 02:41:56 pm by EllieAndBlu »