Author Topic: At a lost, can anyone help?  (Read 4561 times)

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
At a lost, can anyone help?
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:33:52 pm »
Let me share with you some of the new behaviors Bailey has started to show.
Getting into the trash ( which is was under the kitchen sink with a child lock). She figured how to open the child lock and take all the trash out. We have bought and relocated the trash, but now she opens the cupboard when left alone.
Our lazy Suzanne which used to be the pantry, she has figured how to open that and ate a ton of food. I have since move the food to a higher up cupboard.

So when left alone she will have all of these cupboards opened.

I went to the pet store to get her a new toy, buster cube to keep her busy, all signs of being bored is how i am reading this. Which when we leave i fill the Kong with treats and hide it and i hide little treats in the house.

Well last night she was chewing on a toy growled, then a few minutes later went after the kitten (6 months old) I was not home hubby said the kitten had just walked by her not even interested in her toy.

Also she has been getting up in the middle of the night and going pee in the kitchen, so now we shut the door or gate her and she is fine. But the other day i was getting ready for work and she peed in the kitchen. So now i make sure she is by me upstairs.

I worked last night and i brought 2 of the children to the house (3yrs old and 6 yrs old) She played well with them the only thing is she whines contiguously, even if i put her in a down stay on her carpet by the back door.

When a Friend brought her baby she crawled out of her down stay and licked the baby, i went over corrected her and said no stay and replaced her, but when kids are around she always tries to crawl to them, even if the kids are ignoring her.

What can i do? Hubby is discuss getting rid of her because he does not think she will adjust with a baby.

I have put so much time, money, and effort it training her that it will break my heart to get rid of her.

Thanks for listening any any adviced offered.

Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: At a lost, can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:45:11 pm »
axle acted a LOT different (he acted horrible the whole time actually!) when i was pregnant, like he sensed something was up, and we were considering giving him away until tristan actually got born and we figured out it was just nervousness because he must have been able to sense the changes, and i know he felt the kicks later in my pregnancy!  he always gets really upset when i don't feel good, too, and will act out.  i don't know about your pup, but with axle it was just a nervous anticipation that made him act wild for a while.  might wanna try a baby gate to block her out of your kitchen though?  not sure what to do about the kitten though.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 05:28:16 pm »
I had major problems with Allie for awhile when I was pregnant with our 4th baby , she would constantly try to "dig" at my belly and left bloody scratch marks on me ! She acted out in some other ways as well but since Cole was born four weeks ago she has settled down so much , even more so than she was before I became pregnant ! Hang in there !
-Amy
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 07:59:20 pm »
Since I became pregnant, Maia is attached to my hip, she even wants to sit in my lap, which isn't possible with her being so big.  She hasn't really acted out beyond barking when I put her in her cage and walk away.  I am with everyone else that she is feeding off your feelings and the pregnancy.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 01:21:09 pm »
i mentioned the same thing to hubby, She has been difficult since she was a puppy I have always said what if we had a child with special needs you can not give it away. so i totally understand what u r saying. i am hoping she is better when the baby comes.
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 11:21:58 am »
i've had a couple of friends of mine that have had children recently...all have had the same problems.  keep your chin up!  you also might see how she would do in a doggie daycare.  it might take a bit of the energy out.
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 12:23:31 pm »
walks in the park (or a big nice state park) would be nice too.  both you and your pupper.  make for a faster delivery (i can attest to it working, my first delivery lasted 6 hours from first contraction to aiden, my second 4 from first contraction to birth), and will help keep both of you in a really good mood!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:23:48 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 01:34:23 pm »
I think she is feeling all the changes that are happening and it maybe breaking her routine. I am sure once the baby comes all will settle down.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)