Author Topic: Whew! Vet visit avoided - for now.  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Whew! Vet visit avoided - for now.
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »
Yesterday I was feeding the dogs in the usual 3-ring-circus fashion (let Rocko, Derby and Buster inside; put Buster in the garage and feed him his special Moist & Meaty since his old teeth can't do hard food very well anymore, feed Rocko, feed Derby and stand between the two so Derby doesn't steal Rocko's food before going outside to feed Mia & Bindi).

Well, Derby only ate half of his food and didn't try at all to steal Rocko's and didn't growl or anything when the cats came near his bowl. "This is weird," I thought. Then, Derby started walking around like he was looking for someplace to puke or poop so I took him outside.  He didn't do anything and seemed fine - a little laid back, but OK.

Today, though, he just looked at his food. Oh Oh! Something's definitely wrong. I gave him some of Buster's food to see if that would be more appealing to him. He ate most of it, but slowly - definitely not like him - then he just went and laid down. Now I'm worried. I started looking for his vet records ('cause he got vaccinated in Omaha) so I could take him to the vet and, all of a sudden, I smell something really, really FOUL.

Derby had puked all over my bedroom. It was nasty. Luckily, I had recently pulled up the carpet and had an inexpensive rug in there covering the cement floor.  So, I just rolled up the rug and put it out by the curb. I called the vet, but they weren't taking appointments unless I wanted to pay the emergeny fee. Derby looked like he had perked up a little after the pukage so I decided to just keep an eye on him.

When I came back home after work today, he seemed like his normal, happy, jumpy self. I gave him a cup of food and he gobbled it down!! YAY!! Can you say, [url=http://]]][url]]http://"Whew?"
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Whew! Vet visit avoided - for now.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:56:30 am »
I know you all must have been on pins and needles waiting to hear about Derby's puke, so here it is: it was all soup except for some chunks of Moist & Meaty so I guess he just had a bug. It was so soupy I didn't even bother cleaning it up. I just rolled up the rug and threw it away. It was a cheap rug, anyway.

When I got home from work later that night he was jumping around like usual. I gave him a cup of food just to check his appetite and he gobbled it down like the Derby I know and love. All is well in Dogdom.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain