Author Topic: I need help, in the very worst way.  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
I need help, in the very worst way.
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:29:11 am »
Hi everyone...I know I dont post here alot, but I figured you all were th best bunch to help me out with this.

There is a woman in my town that operates a "doggy daycare" We have a small group of people that are determined to shut her down. We just need help going about it.

Here are our facts on her.

-she has multiple breeds of dogs, that she breeds and sells the puppies for outrageous amounts of money by telling people they are special designer dogs

-all her dogs live outside in dirty gross sheds. She buys animal carcasses for them and throws them out there for them to eat...

-with her dog business, she will tell someone say 25$ a day, but when they come to get their dog she tells them something like 100$ a day and if they cant pay, she will keep their dog(one lady had her dog locked in a shed for 2 weeks till she could get the money)

-2 huskies that stayed there for LESS than 12 hours both had to be put on life support after their livers failed and the vets still dont know what caused it, but up till they went to the daycare they were healthy

I cant think of anything else right now but the list goes on. We dont know what to do about this. we have called the SPCA..but they say there is no proof can cant do anything.

any one have ideas, this woman needs to be shut down NOW. We were thinking of taking a hidden camera in there....but where do we get one lol?
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: I need help, in the very worst way.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 06:22:14 am »
thanks for the reply!!

the media in this town is outrageous. We tried to contact the newspaper, they said they didnt want any part of it...we dont have a TV station tho....News coverage in this town is notorious for a)not being true or b)if it is true, its always at least 3 days behind.

we are having a group meeting on march the 10th so we can brianstorm ideas on how to get this woman out of business.
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 07:56:49 am »
Try calling an Edmonton station, they are all about protecting animals here. Everytime there is an animal story there is a huge uproar. And I would try your SPCA again she isn't caring for here animals properly. In our climat they need proper outdoor heated/insulated shelteres. It's way too cold for them to be outside all the time with out proper shelters. If she doesn't then you got her, they have to go check it out for animal cruelty. Also the police need to be involved. She CAN NOT be keeping people's animals if they don't pay. Does she have it in a contract that people sign, stating that she will keep the animal if they don't pay. If not then she is breaking the LAW. I would contact the people that she did this to and find out. I would also get pictures of her facility and video if you can. Inside and outside. I know someone that is part of a dog rescue and he does lots of news spots so I am sure he knows people. But we would need proof, pictures, peoples stories ect. I'm sure you'll shut her down!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:58:49 am »
The other suggestion would be the Better Business Bureau.  And maybe write a letter to the editor?
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 09:59:31 am »
Wow, I really have nothing to add, this is just horribly sad!  Everyone's given great suggestions.  Sounds like you're doing everything you can to shut this woman down, hopefully very soon too! 

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 12:57:04 pm »
thanks again everyone

well our group is having a meeting on the 11th....I am thinking I am going to find a hidden camera and go in there and get video, either that or bring my camera....that s a great idea nina, call edmonton...not hing ever ever gets reported in the news here..(we had a murder and no one found out till 2 months after cause the news didnt cover it) sheesh.

thank you again guys...keep the ideas coming and ill let you know how "operation shut-er down" goes :)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 07:34:04 pm »
good luck!  you might want to look into laws concerning hidden cameras though.  just to cover your butt, in case they might try to start trouble over it.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 04:00:37 pm »
How is the operation going? any word? I also wanted to add if she is advertising the puppies as "AKC" you can report her to AKC- since she is running a very open buisness sometimes they WILL send out an investigator, and while all it will do will cause her to loose her AKC privledges, they will a lot of times notify proper authorities if it is really bad

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 08:13:40 pm »
I have no idea where you are,but here in Tucson,Az itt is usuaally the Animal Control which operates under the Health Dept that would probably handle a case like this.

The conditions you report sound like a health hazdard to me.

I hope you have luck shutting her down.

Keep us posted.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 12:37:41 am »
If the local media are that bad, call the media from a neighboring town or city and hopefully they will jump on the chance to cover the situation.

Weedsport, NY

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 08:44:44 am »
Call the county animal control-they should be aware of the animal abuse going on.  Also, if you really want to stir things up, get the PETA people over there.  They are usually good at stirring up attention, which is exactly what you need.  What about a boycot/pickett?  Something to bring attention to, what you are describing, atrocious living conditions. 
good luck & keep us posted!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi