Author Topic: Survived Week One With Otis  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Saint Pyr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Survived Week One With Otis
« on: March 02, 2007, 10:51:30 am »
Well we have survived the first week with Otis  :D.  My goodness does this little guy get into mischief!!!.  He has a HUGE shoe fetish.  He will be nowhere in site and you take your shoes off quickly and bam they are gone.  And mess, I don't know where he finds half the stuff that is strewn around the yard  :o.

I am amazed at how smart these dogs are.  He is locked in our ensuite at night, casue there is no way he is destroying the house while we sleep.  The first few nights there was no way he was going in without a fight and just convincing him to come in the house at bedtime or when we went out for a pee in the middle of the night was immpossible.  I was chasing he everywhere  >:(.  I ended up getting mad at him one night at 2 in the morning and dragged him into his bed  :-[.  Since then I say "bedtime" and he is straight to the bathroom and on his blanket.  When we go out at night I tell him "pee-pee" and he is out the door and doing his business.  I say "bedtime" and he is straight back in the house. I honestly can't believe it  :o

Now I have to work on the sitting, barking and piddling on the carpet  :-\

Anyway just wanted to share our first week with you guys.
I hope to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
Re: Survived Week One With Otis
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:49:55 am »
Your pupper is adorable.  Good luck with the training. :)
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:02:15 pm »
Wow, I'm amazed!  Sounds like you accomplished a lot in one week, good job!   ;D

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:17:52 pm »
Sounds like he's a pile of fun!!  LOL! 
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 06:17:10 pm »
He is adorable. Pyrs are smart they will find ways to amuse themselves.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 10:27:51 am »
Otis is definetly a Pyr, especially with the shoe thing. I have to make sure that the closet door is shut tight when I put my shoes in there. If it is any consolation, it gets better. Also the stuff in the yard AAGGGHH I am really having to deal with that right now. As soon as it gets warm I am hoping we can get everything cleaned and and since they are not roaming the 200 plus acres, maybe it will be the last major clean up. We need more pics- he is a cutie.