Author Topic: Labradoodle chases sun's reflections  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Rufus 10536

• Gnawer
  • Rufus the Goofus Labradoodle
    • View Profile
Labradoodle chases sun's reflections
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:01:15 am »
...wondering if my labradoodle "Rufus" is unique in his chasing of the sun's reflections on the walls, floor, etc.  He obviously has a very active imagination.  Anyone else's dog love to try to "capture" the sunlight?  We're new, here, btw.  Rufus is a 2 year old we just adopted from a rescue organization a month ago, so we're still getting to know him.  Thanks, and glad I found this Big Paws!  Any other doodles out there?

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Labradoodle chases sun's reflections
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 09:12:13 am »
Welcome to BPO! We don't have a Labradoodle, but our neighbors happen to have a fairly large Labradoodle at 105 lbs. He has some pretty springy legs, I swear that dog can jump 3 or 4 feet in the air. Our 4-year-old Newf loves roughing him up a bit.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 09:18:53 am »
Welcome.  I'm Misty and Gracie is my 10 month old English Mastiff.  I know that Bo, our part time pup chases reflections too. It can be a car light from the street even.  So Rufus sounds like a big goof too.  And YES.. I'd like to see some pictures please.  Again, welcome to BPO.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:00:53 am »
welcome to bpo!  you can see all the dogs we have in my signature below.  none of our dogs chase reflections, but they're all super duper lazy too, spending about 85% of the day sleeping  :-\  even our chihuahua only plays for about 10 minutes at a time before he goes back to sleep.  i'd love to see pics of your baby! 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 12:12:03 pm »
Welcome to BPO.  I am Carrie and my boys are listed down below.  Morph chases most everything except lights and lasers.  My cousin has 3 labs and they all chase lights lasers you name it and it probably gets chased.  So I think it is mainly a lab thing and is normal.  Like Jacksmom said be thankfullon rainy days.  lol.

Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 12:25:54 pm »
labradoodles are fun! I cant wait to see pics! Welcome!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 12:50:38 pm »
Yes, welcome to BPO and I would love to see pics of Rufus playing.  Congratulation s, he sounds like a lot of fun!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees