Ovcharkas > Central Asian Ovcharka Discussions & Pictures

Just wanted to say thanks for including my breed...

(1/2) > >>

BabsT:
Am I the only CAO owner here :(

Scootergirl:
Your baby is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Please tell me more about the breed and you're dog. I've never heard of that breed before and I am intrigued. Your picture took my breath away!

GYPSY JAZMINE:
I was wondering if he was a rare breed as I had never heard of that kind of dog before but I am also fairly new to the dog world...He has such an awesome look about him!

BabsT:
They are a pretty rare breed but very amazing.  The CAO is infact a LGD but they arent like an Anatolian that would stay with the flock the CAO bonds with its humans first.  The CAO was used in traveling nomadic tribes.  They walk on the outside boundries of the caravan and protect anything within their area.  They are not a giant breed but males are 130-150 lbs some a tad larger and females 90-120 lbs males min26 average 30"" shoulder and females min 24" average 27" shoulder.  Zero right now is 8 months 28" and about 110 lbs

They have a strong distrust of stangers and very very loving to their own family.  I can take zero out for walks and he is fine.  He will not seek out the attention of a passerby but will just lay at my feet and wait for me to move on.  If the man/woman starts to act rather strange he is at full attention and will give a warning growl.

If you are a complete stanger coming into my house he needs to be crated.  If you are a friend of mine that he hasnt been introduced to, he is leashed until I know he is ok with that particular person

The best information on the breed can be viewed at www.centralasi anshepherd.com

The pic I posted is him wondering why the cat is near a bowl of food on the counter...pret ty funny actually

jabear:
You are very welcome Bonnie. He is an absolute beauty! Thanks for the info on this breed.
I do have a few questions though:
     1. How did you learn about and decide on this breed?
     2. Are they good with kids?
     3. What other colors do they come in?
Thanks for your help! Jaime

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version