Author Topic: immune system  (Read 2438 times)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
immune system
« on: March 08, 2007, 01:41:24 pm »
Hello, Ms. Jazmine puppy...has developed warts in her mouth. The vet said they want to have one of the 2 removed, although i have heard that they do just go away. NOW the thing is should i have them removed? What can i use to help her immune system to build up? The vet said it was odd that she is developing them now especially because she is 15 months old.  What suppliments can i use/??????  (ALSO SHE has diarreah for some odd reason...so i know her immunity is down)
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: immune system
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 02:49:05 pm »
Does she have diarrhea or loose stool? Did you check her on worms? Have you changed you diet lately? What do you feed her? Maybe it's time to change her diet?
The best immune system supplements are: Certified Organic Black Walnut mixture (be careful with it though), Apple Cider Vinegar added to water, and Organic Kelp and Afalfa powder.
Let us know if she feels any better and make sure she drinks a lots of water!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 03:16:28 pm »
Co-Q10, L-Carnitine, & Vit E in appropriate dosage for Breed, weight, and age of the dog may be of help with a diagnosis. Be certain that your dog is receiving proper amounts of Omegas 3, 6, and 9 as part of the daily diet.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:17:07 pm »
I had a Great Dane named Shaft who had a very weak immune system.  First he had every worm you could imagine and that was when he was only 8 weeks old.  Then the poor guy suffered demodex mange for the next 2 years (even being referred to Houston's only Vet Dermatologist Dr. Beal) to clear up all three stages of the mites.  It was that bad but we got rid of it.  After the mange was under control he then developed these strange looking warts on his bottom lip.  The vet said it was viral and that they usually run their course and go away.  Mostly they are just unsightly.  I'm wondering if that is the same thing your baby has. They did stay there for a while but he never seemed to be bothered by them.  What is it called and what do they look like?
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

enuffpaws

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 11:35:24 pm »
Unless the warts are infected or open and bleeding-which may be why the vet wants to remove the one-I would leave them be. They are viral, and will resolve on their own although they can be unsightly. I agree with Julie's Astragalas as treatment, and general immune booster, tho. The bad part about viruses is that they just have to run their course, despite treatment.
Stella