Author Topic: Sheba - the blood donor!  (Read 2030 times)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Sheba - the blood donor!
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:48:50 pm »
Friends of ours used to own our #1 dog, Sheba, and had to rehome her to us.  Our great gain for sure!

Anyhow, just last week they bought a Bernese Mountain dog at the pet store.  And she is a sick puppy :(  Something to do with protein levels in her blood ... I think he called Corona disease...does that sound familiar to anyone?

They needed to do blood transfusions, and didn't have any blood so asked if he knew a healthy dog between 3 and 5 years of age that could be a donor.

He asked us if Sheba could do it, and we said yes.

So my baby is spending the night at the emergency with her new friend.  Such a sad story for that little pup ... please keep her in your prayers tonight!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Anakalia

Re: Sheba - the blood donor!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 08:42:57 am »
Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear the puppy's sick!  I think it's awesome you're letting Sheba help out.  I'll be sending get well vibes puppy's way!

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:24:22 am »
Thanks guys.  Sheba arrived home this morning about 7 a.m. with a new stuffie from our grateful friends, and a shaved leg patch.  She's pooped and is just taking it easy.  Their pup is not out of the woods yet.  I'm so sad for them - they were so excited to have this little one. 

I've been trying to do some research on this disease they think she has, but can't find a whole big bunch on it.  I'm away for the weekend (leave in about an hour) so hope I don't come home to sad news :(
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:29:21 am »
Yeah Sheba.  What a good girl.  My thoughts are with the puppy and her humans.  Please keep us posted.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:31:24 am »
Oh , sweet Sheba is a hero ! Hugs and  :-* to her ! I hope that little puppy pulls thru  :'(
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 10:02:39 am »
Awww I hope thier pup pulls through ok. Sheeba is such a great girl to help a friend in need. Please keep us updated.