Author Topic: do what?!  (Read 1154 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
do what?!
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:35:45 pm »
ok, so recently, i posted about 4 dogs running loose in our neighborhood every day harassing the snot out of everyone, and causing problems with our dog.  well, caine has gotten really good at escaping into out neighbors yard, and we told her and she said it was fine (she's never ever home and lives alone with her 2 y/o when she is, and likes the security he brings showing up in her yard a few times a day) as long as he didn't do it this summer when she had set up a big bouncer thing (the blow up ones).  no problem.  we're trying to get in touch with everyone to get permission to fix the problem, but it's kinda hard b/c it's a connecting corner for four yards, and two people rent and two are never ever home.  in order to fix it we have to add chain link connecting all 4 yards, so i really need to get permission just to be "neighborly" and legal.  well, the neighbor of our neighbor apparently has a problem with caine being in maleena's yard, even though we have her permission  ??? and started a fight with hubby saying he "doesn't want to have to take care of the dog on his own"  WELL, lemme tell you.  i found out that ALL FOUR of the dogs who have been running the neighborhood belong to him, i saw him in the yard with them all.  the smaller ones have tried to bite not only me but the AC officer too, and have even gone as far as attempting to back me into our fence corner (they're small, but what if it were my kids).  talk about double standards!  hubby said not to call AC b/c he doesn't want to start a pissing contest, and one of our dogs get hurt by him, but i feel like he doesn't have any right to start a fight because our dog is in our neighbors yard who doesn't have a problem with it esp. considering all four of his run the neighborhood daily ???
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: do what?!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:29:36 pm »
I read your previous post on the running of the dogs and I guess I don't understand at all your neighbor's point of view.  Does he live with your neighbor who doesn't mind your dog in her yard?  Why would he think he would have to take care of it?  I don't see what difference it should make to him.

However, I would call animal control, at least to let them know you found out where all the dogs live so they will know for future reference for when sopmeone else calls and complains.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: do what?!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:10:48 am »
he is a very weird man.  he does not live with the neighbor who said it was ok for caine to go in her yard.  he lives on the other side of her (two houses down from us), and there is a secure fence that caine cannot get through on that side.  i was very irritated when hubby told me what he said, because he also commented, "well, i see you also have a great dane" like diesel was so vicious  ???  i don't know why he'd even bring diesel, axle, sheeba, or peanut up b/c they've never escaped out yard, in fact, when i walk my dogs his dogs escape his house (because he says they run out the door too fast for him to grab them when he walks out it) and have come up and actually bit axle.  when he said that about diesel i wanted to run out screaming, "HAVE YOU MET DIESEL??  NO, YOU HAVEN'T BECAUSE IF YOU HAD YOU'D KNOW HE WAS SCARED OF HIS OWN WATER BOWL, SO SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!"  it seems he's one of those people who think his dogs are innocent, and big paws are evil.  very upsetting to me!  i am going to make a call to AC today, and i'll also mention (to put on record) that he told us that he doesn't want to have to take care of our dogs himself, to me that's very distrubing.  hubby will just have to get over it.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]