Author Topic: I have good news and i have bad news  (Read 5087 times)

Icerotti

Re: I have good news and i have bad news
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 06:54:28 pm »
I hope you find the peace you are looking for Lins. You desrve it :-* I know you will miss Lady but I believe like the others she will come back to you. We are here for you. Heres to a bright future ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 06:12:47 am »
Thanks everyone!!!  It's been a good few days since he broke the news!!!  I feel free already.  it's just really hard to deal with him and his stupidity till i can move out.  But i will...hopeful ly without giving him my opinion.  :) 

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:25 am »
Believe me girl, my seaparation happened last October and I KNOW the feeling you are talking about!!  Relief, freedom, anxiety, and hope all rolled into one - its great to be free and to be yourself but scary as h*ll all at the same time! 

Congrats!!...and we could never hate you for leaving Lady, we know how hard it will be on you already - your probably tougher on yourself than any of us would ever be.  You need to do whats right for you (I miss my other kitty Spookums too.)
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Anakalia

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 07:46:03 am »
I wish you the best of luck!   ;D

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 04:31:13 pm »
Lin- I'm new here but just wanted to post, I know exacly what you are going through worrying about Lady- My husband and I seperated a year after he came home from Iraq (I swear to God, that war destroyes more marriages then every other reason combined) and the divorce is going to be final any day now- I loved that feeling of freedom as well, although mine was much later in coming since for the first 8 months of the seperation I fought so hard to make the marriage work, but as soon as I realized he wasnt going to lift a finger to change, and was going to continue being abusive- I turned my back on a 10 year relationship (My ONLY relationship!) and walked away. the second I shut the door on him I instantly felt like 100 LBS of weight was lifted off my shoulders.  Tomorrow, Ex-hubby picks up 'his' two cats, both cats that I brought home to him (he is more of a cat person then I am) and raised and took care of and did all vet care for for 8 years. One is 8, the other is 5- For the last year of the seperation they have lived with me, and they were with me for the two years he was in Iraq, but of course they are considered his "property" because they were given to him by me, and theres nothing I can do about it. It's breaking my heart!!! The only thing I can hope for is that after a few weeks he calls me back and says "I cant handle this, its too much you take them back" since he has never once taken care of them on his own. Like everyone else I see that happening with your Lady too- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too, and congrats on your new found freedom!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 01:27:51 am »
i'm too happy for you!!! it's hard leaving your pupper behind but i know most guys and i'm pretty sure that you'll most likely have her back soon.
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 05:52:12 am »
Lin I am very happy for you! I remember talking last summer about your situation and I am so happy to hear you are finally taking action!  :)
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 11:56:24 pm »
thanks everyone.  it's been a long time coming and yes i am relieved it's almost starting to be over.  he's been very nice abuot things and when he's home most of the time is cordial. it's starting to hit me that Lady and I will have to go our separate ways within the week.  She does need her left ACL replaced afterall and i'm nagging him about the long arduous tasks involved for at least 12 weeks.  I can't let go.  but i have to believe he will be there for her.  i love her and i will miss her terribly.  :)  thanks everyone for your support and thoughts.  it's meant a lot!!!