Author Topic: I have LOTS of questions about my new newfie boy !  (Read 8564 times)

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
Re: I have LOTS of questions about my new newfie boy !
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 05:13:29 pm »
Oh he is very handsome!  Love that picture! Gotta love those big ole' paws & certainly his head.  Very cute.  Keep on posting those pics when you get time. 

We use an undercoat rake and the Furminator is wonderful & works well for us.  By the time we are done with all 4 of our pups, we can make at least 2 giant blanket throws with their fur! 

We are also big fans of the drool towels everywhere, especially near the water bowls.  We usually buy the jumbo pack of car wash towels they sell at Costco or big pack of washcloths at WalMart. 

Best of luck with your beautiful boy!

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 01:26:23 pm »
Well , I am happy ( exreeeeemley happy  ;) ) to say that Spook can now climb the stairs on his own !!! Yayyy ! This morning I opened the door to the back porch and he walked right on out , and it's super wet and muddy here and I was wondering how I was going to get him back in on my own ( pictureing getting drug thru the mud ...) since I had a Dr's apt . in an hour , but when I was ready to leave I opened the door , called the dogs and he ran right on in with the other dogs ! I'm super impressed ! He even goes right into his crate now without any hesitation , I'm so proud of my boy !

*Modified because I'm so excited I can't spell !  ::) *
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:27:49 pm by horsepoor21 »
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Anakalia

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 01:32:47 pm »
Wow that's awesome!!  I think in this case it's really helping to have other dogs around to "teach" him the ropes!  Sounds like he's learning and settling in really well!  Gooooo Spookster!   ;D

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 01:39:26 pm »
LOL I call him Spookster too ! Or I sing to him the Desperate Housewives song " Juicey" only it's "Spooky... ah ah ah ..." Okay ...sounds better in my head . LOL  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Anakalia

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 02:25:31 pm »
LOL I call him Spookster too ! Or I sing to him the Desperate Housewives song " Juicey" only it's "Spooky... ah ah ah ..." Okay ...sounds better in my head . LOL  ;D

HAHAHAHAAA!!  I'm always singing Koby crazy songs, but it's so much fun.  I have an awful singing voice, but Koby doesn't seem to mind, or at least I don't think he does!  :P