Author Topic: It's My Party and I'll.....  (Read 8076 times)

dohertyswissy

It's My Party and I'll.....
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:41:42 pm »
...cry if I want to....UGH!

Let me start off by saying that birthdays have always been a huge thing for me and my family.  This Friday is not only my birthday, but my 30th birthday.  My parents decided to get a limo to tote me and my friends around town, which is awesome and NOT an inexpensive gesture.

So, I send out an evite to about 20 people.  So far, only 5 have bothered to respond.  :(  RUDE!  Then, one of my best friends' old nanny passes away.  :(  Poor thing is a wreck and doesn't know if she will be able to make it because they are waiting for the grandson to get home from Iraq.  Then, his mother calls and asks if I mind being "on-call" to watch Allison (boyfriend's niece), should the sister-in-law go into labor this weekend.  Huh?? What??
Now, my boyfriend tells me that he got a call today from his Mom, saying that his uncle is on his deathbed may not make it through the day and depending on what happens, he may not be here for my birthday weekend.  So he's all upset and stressed out. 

I feel like a selfish biotch because I'm rapidly becoming disappointed and frustrated about my birthday....ma ybe I should just hide until 3/18/07.   

Nicole

Re: It's My Party and I'll.....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 12:55:30 pm »
OH HEATHER!

Hey...you know what? You can expect to have a nice birthday even if the world doesn't agree with you girl! You only turn 30 once (thank god, right?) and dang it, it should be a PARTAY!

OMG! That reminds me of Mark's 30th birthday, a story I will tell to cheer you up, cuz it will make you laugh so hard you pee your pants...

Ok...so we lived in Chapel Hill. We started off at this little upstairs bar place over on Church St. Nothin' major...but right at the end, as we're getting ready to call it an early evening, our friend starts buying shots. MAD shots. We do a TON and then head over to W.B. Yeats on Franklin....

...where there is an AWESOME Irish band rockin' out. Mark gets up there and starts belting out the Beatles "So you say its your birthday..." that one...and telling EVERYONE in the bar (via microphone) that I'm his wee lassie and all of that...

...ooh boy...

...then we decide to walk it off on campus. UNC. The middle of town. We walk (stumble) over to campus and Mark sticks his head into a bush and begins to yack and cry. He starts bawling, "DON'T TELL MY MOOOOOO-OOOM! I'm a TEACHER!!! She'll be SOOOO EMBARRRAAASSSS ED!"

Of course every college kid in town passes by. Its like a Friday night. That was awesome. And then we had to stop like 30489712394871 23 times on the way home so he could puke. One time, it was in the lawn of this frat house...that was having a big ol' party.

Anyway...yours couldn't be any worse than that, could it?

dohertyswissy

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 01:06:31 pm »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!!!

WEE LASSIE!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH!!!!

I needed that laugh! 

** Mental note.. stay away from the shot rotation***

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 01:09:24 pm »
hehehe...yeah, he still gets teased for that one. Everytime someone brings up a 30th birthday debacle its,

"Hey, honey. Remember when I was your wee lassie? Oh...wait..you don't remember, do ya? BUWAHAHAHAHHA!"

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:09:50 pm »
Awww Heather, I'm sooo sorry you're having a craptacular week! You'll have tons of fun on your B-day whether you have 5 friends to partay with or 20, as long as you're doing what you want to do on your B-day!!  It's your day so make it as fun as you possibly can!  You're not selfish, like Cole said, you only turn 30 once so live it up have a blast and get your drink on! lol  ;D

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 03:48:54 pm »
I think there is a way to make this party memorable for you... what time are you and the limo picking us all up?  We need to be ready, ya know!

Weedsport, NY

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 07:41:21 pm »
YA!! I'll be waitin for the limo, too!!
Here's a cyber-card for you:

"For your Birthday, I got you something that oughta make
your day a little more EXCITING"....

Just wear this:

(Sticker to wear) 
"It's my birthday.... Wanna Spank Me?"

I have this card, I wish I could get it to you before your birthday, so you could wear it ALL DAY... before the limo arrives and I bet you'll have more than enough "friends" to PARTAY with!!
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 07:51:36 pm »
Don't cry! Take the limo and whoever can make it, get soused and party hard. THEN...gather up BF and Whoever couldn't make the actual day, and make them take you out the next weekend and do it all over again. Two parties, one birthday, it's a win/win.
Stella

And if your careful, the sticker can be used again!
"It's my Birthday...  Wanna Spank me?"
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

dohertyswissy

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 07:50:55 am »
Aww.. thanks guys!  I feel much better!!  I'm totally gonna wear the "It's My Birthday.. Wanna Spank Me" button, get loopy off martinis, and possibly hang out the window of the limo screaming "I'm a wee bonny lassie and IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!"   ;D  WOO WOO!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 06:19:54 am »
LOL!  Sounds like you have the right idea now!

For my 30th, I rode a mechanical bull.  You know that feeling when you've had too much to drink and now your 10-ft-tall-and-bullet-proof?  Bullet proof doesn't stand a chance against a mechanical bull!  LOL!

Hhave a great weekend!  Yah, look on the bright side....you could get 2 parties outta this!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 06:46:21 am »
YAAAAAAAAY! A NEW MEMBER OF THE WEE BONNIE LASSIE CLUB! WHOOOOOOOOH!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 07:21:46 am »
I'm celebrating my last day as a twenty-something today!

Uh.. have I mentioned that there are $2.00 martinis at the ol' happy hour watering hole I go to with the girls??

Warning:  Drunken chatting or texting may occur over the next 72 hours.   ;)

Anakalia

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 07:27:02 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!  Those $2.00 martini's sound economical and delicious!  Happy last day as a twenty-something!  Have fun this weekend!  ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 07:28:19 am »
Heather! I am so happy for you. I just turned 30 in December and was so stressed. It turned out to be a wonderful day with lots of smiles. Michael & I celebrated alone (I have no real friends here yet) at he most romantically wonderful restaurant. Have lots of fun & lots of drinks for me.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:12:21 am »
Alright kiddos, my birthday was AWESOME!!  I worried about a lot of mess for nothing (typical of me) and had a great time.. as evidenced by the photo below.  :D   Thanks for all the support and birthday luv!  :-*