Author Topic: DANEwithDANDRUFF  (Read 1952 times)

Offline VELVET

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
DANEwithDANDRUFF
« on: March 13, 2007, 07:20:06 pm »

MARCH 13 2007
 Â ~ALOHA~~~

I AM NOT YELLING,  THIS IS JUST HOW I TYPE.
MAHALO,(thankyou) FOR WELCOMING ME TO BIGPAWS.
 Â MY BEST BIGPAW FRIEND IS VELVET,  A 2 1/2 YEAR OLD
203 POUND GREAT DANE, (weight last nov.) HE IS THE BIGGEST LOVE OF MY LIFE!
 Â I NEED SOME HELP.  ...IN OCT--NOV  HE HAD SARCOPTIC MITES,(scabies). THE VET SUGGESTED REVOLUTION ,  EVERY 2 WEEKS TO TREAT THEM. I DID THAT FOR 3 TIMES.  THAT GOT RID OF THE MITES,  BUT "DANDRUFF" FLAKES FOLLOWED.THE VET SUGGESTED GIVING HIM VITAMIN E  DAILY. I DID.   AND HERE WE ARE 3 MONTHS LATER , AND THE DANDRUFF HASN'T STOPPED,  BUT SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN WORSE!
 Â  ANY IDEAS  ON CAUSE,  OR WHAT TO DO  TO CLEAR IT ? ? ?
 I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

MAHALO ~~january~ and VELVET

enuffpaws

Re: DANEwithDANDRUFF
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:36:34 pm »
Hi and welcome to BPO! I am Stella , Mom to a great dane, dane mix and doberman. We have had the dry skin topic come up here before and there was some good advise in it. Try this link:
http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,14597.0.html
We would love to see some pictures of Velvet as well.
 Stella

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: DANEwithDANDRUFF
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 08:54:57 pm »
welcome to bpo!  i'm mom to axle (140ish lb akita) sheeba (75ish akita chow) diesel (10 month old dane) caine (75ish pitbull) and peanut my 2lb chihuahua pup.  once you rule out any possible causes, like allergies, maybe it's the revolution, etc, you could also look at a few other things.   what are you feeding?  our dane came from a bad situation and had horrible skin when we got him, recently we switched to innova and he has made a 100% turn around and has a gorgeous healthy coat and skin now.  also, we did on occasion use oatmeal shampoo on him and it helped also.  one more thing might be, how often do you give your pup baths?  if you do it too often, it could be causing dry skin.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]