Author Topic: My Newfie X  (Read 12798 times)

Offline noirsphynx

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Denomme's Darlings
My Newfie X
« on: April 10, 2005, 09:42:38 am »

Anyone own a Newfie cross? This is my girl Sadie. She has a bit of collie in her. The woman who sold her to me said she had some collie in her 3 generations back but boy does it show in her. I was able to see her parents, mom was a smaller all black newf(this was the side the collie came from) and dad was an all white with black head newf.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: My Newfie X
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 01:15:58 pm »
I don't have any other breeds in my Newf, but your baby sure looks like a beautiful girl!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shellycatbfl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 07:17:12 pm »
What a beautiful Newf Mix you have!  I belong to a Newf Mix yahoo group and the pics they have there I think yours is one of the prettiest mixes I have seen.  More Newf than not!  I just got a rescue Newf from out in Kansas City, he came from a puppy mill.  He is now 16 months old.  He is my 4th Newf.  My first one I got when I was 19 in the 70's!  Until now I haven't had one in 12 years.....
Margaret

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:47:24 am »
Hi!
 I don't have any pictures right now (I'm at school) but, I have a Newf mix, too! He's all black with those beautiful, intense sad Newfy eyes. He weighs 100 pounds. He's so sweet and dignified. Have any of you read Rhoda Lerman's book, "In the Company of Newfies"? I just finished it, and boy does it describe how it is to live with my boy!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 02:02:43 pm »
Rocco is a Newf/Rott mix.  He is 2.5 years old and 120 lbs of pure love.  He has a short, all black coat like a lab.  He has the typical Newf attitude, there isn't much Rott about him except the shape of his head.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 02:06:17 pm by greek4 »
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline maggieb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 02:04:02 pm »
My pup, Cooper, is a mix.  His mom was 3/4 Newf and 1/4 Lab and his dad was 3/4 Newf and 1/4 St Bernard.  I haven't been around any pure breeds so I don't know how different he looks but from pics and what I've read he seems pretty Newf-like.  I'm glad cause they have such a good disposition!
Maggie

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 03:59:26 pm »
Maggieb-
 Have you read that book? The children's book..The Maggie B? Its one of my favorites! hehe! Its about a little girl named Maggie that has a sailboat all of her own with goats and fruit trees...its so good! I was just wondering if that's where your name came from.
 Also, Cooper is very cute!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 05:08:03 pm »
MaggieB- you are right. Cooper totally looks Newfish.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline maggieb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 07:01:42 pm »
Nicole, I haven't seen that book but I'm going to look for it now. I have a brand new niece- maybe I'll get it for her to remind her of her aunt.  I've been Maggie my whole life and added the B about a year ago when I got married to my awesome husband.
Maggie

Offline Liberty

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 04:47:28 pm »
shellycatbfl, what newf mix yahoo group? I would like to check it out.
I have a Newf/Saint mix. Roxy is 4 months old.
Roxy
Saint/Newf mix

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 06:36:55 pm »
Ours is a Newfie/Great Pyr mix or so we were told, LOL . His name is Moose. He looks Newf to me , he's 5 months old .

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 06:54:40 pm »
Here's Cabeza, my Newf/Chow mix.