Author Topic: Murphy's finally home  (Read 2422 times)

Offline wiggi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Murphy's finally home
« on: March 14, 2007, 10:31:18 am »
Hiya everyone,
   we finally picked Murphy up on the 1st of this month and he's even more gorgeous in real life (i'd only seen photos of him). He's settled in well with Jaspa (my 2yr old newf) and Tiny (my lil cross). The only problem i'm having is with his food. He just picks all of the meat out of it and leaves the biscuits which are the most important part. I've tried putting a little gravy in with it and leaving the meat out so that he has no choice but still he refuses to eat them. I think maybe he's just being stubborn because he'll eat everything else that we give him. He's eaten the biscuits before and if i leave them down long enough he'll eventually get around to eating some of them but i don't want to have to leave his food down for too long otherwise the others eat it instead. Any suggestions? Anyway here are some pics of him and Jaspa.

mother to: Jaspa - 2yr old newfie
           Murphy - 6mnth old landseer newfie
           Tiny - 9yr old (little paw) crossbreed

Anakalia

Re: Murphy's finally home
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 01:27:10 pm »
Awww how cute!  Congrats on the new addition! I don't have many suggestions for getting him to eat the buscuits, like you said he may just be stubborn or he likes the meat so much he's just ignoring the buscuits.  Are the buscuits hard?  Maybe he has a hard time biting into them. 

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:07:13 pm »
Cute pupper.  No info from me.  Just wanted to say congrats on the addition.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:07:22 pm »
awww murphy is adorable!!  hopefully he's getting along wonderfully with his new family!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!