Author Topic: Dogs & Bed Making  (Read 6335 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Dogs & Bed Making
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:47:05 pm »
I was wondering if anyone else out there has a dog who takes particular interest in your bed when you are changing the sheets? Bear has always loved the bed and really likes it when I change the sheets. I guess like us humans he enjoys the feel/smell of fresh linens. Well, lately he has become completely obsessedwith the bed when the sheets come off. Like, I am talking OBSESSED! In the past he'd wait until I said "ok, you can get on" after the bed was made with me saying "no, wait" a few times. Now though, it is like "NO! Bear, wait! No! Down!" several times and even then he doesn't always listen. I have to physically push him out of the way and stop him from climbing up. Also, he has on a few occasions, ignored me completely and gotten on the bed without it being made. Of course I can't move him and when I try to forcably push him off he rolls over and plays dead.  >:( Although it irritates the crap outta me cuz I can't finish what I'm doing, it does make me laugh because it is his one obsession with house cleaning.  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 01:54:25 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Anakalia

Re: Dogs & Bed Making
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 02:36:34 pm »
Awwww Ma, he just loves the freshness! lol  Koby doesn't get too obsessed with sheets but he HAS to lay down right in the middle of the bedroom floor whenever I'm putting clothes away or putting sheets on the bed, so I'm constantly having to jump over him and he's really good at trying to trip me up! hahahaa

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 02:40:36 pm »
It is funny but boy is it irritating.  :D Guess it is what I created so I must deal with my bed lovin' boy.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Becki

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 01:15:12 am »
Molson drives me nuts when I'm making the bed.  He can be asleep in the next room and sees me carrying sheets in and immediately runs in ahead of me and jumps on the bed...he will not budge.  I have to trick him by leaving the room (he follows me everywhere) and running back in and shutting the door.

He also lays on all my clean clothes that I folded up in the living room. 

I think he's just being a brat.  The look in his eyes when he does it convinces me of that. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 02:17:18 am »
LOL!!!!!!  Bear that is bad.  :)  although you can come hop in my bed any day!!! :)   
Grace does it too.  All I have to do is leave the bedroom and she jumps down to follow me cuz i might be going somewhere more interesting for her to intrude on (meaning that yes i've lost all control about making the bed without her getting in the middle of the sheets and making it impossile for me to finish without doing something she HATES - putting the sheet or comforter over her whole self and hiding her.)
sometimes i loose a pillow case or two cuz piehole takes off with it or sits on it. 
making the bed is more of an adventure with our big babies. 
but seriously Bear!!! you can come help me any time.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 06:07:45 am »
Lin,

You are just trying to steal Bear!  Bear, honey, come to Auntie Juju's instead. HA!

Julie
you beat i'm trying to steal Bear.  i was doing pretty good at it too...till you chimed in on the Bear snatching.  :) :) :)

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 06:36:58 am »
The one thing he does seem to get a kick out of is to jump on the bed when I'm folding laundry.  That's always pleasant.

Hmmmmmmmmmm... seems as though Uncle Jack has been teaching Kate his sneaky ways, as she also does this as I'm folding laundry!!! :D ;D ;)

Bear, you are just too funny  ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 08:39:44 am »
maybe they're trying to tell us to stop working and start playing more.  enjoy life...dirty clothes and all...like they do

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 10:32:07 am »

Sierra does the same thing only worse.  I have three step-kids in my house plus me and my hubby, so there's piles of folded laundry around at all times.  She waits til I've just folded a few loads and then runs, barking through the piles back and forth as fast as she can so I can't catch her.  My step-daughters laugh til their bellies hurt at the sight of me chasing her and unsuccessfully trying to catch her.  When she's done having fun, all of the clothes are in a big pile that needs to be folded ...AGAIN.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 12:06:50 pm »

Sierra does the same thing only worse.  I have three step-kids in my house plus me and my hubby, so there's piles of folded laundry around at all times.  She waits til I've just folded a few loads and then runs, barking through the piles back and forth as fast as she can so I can't catch her.  My step-daughters laugh til their bellies hurt at the sight of me chasing her and unsuccessfully trying to catch her.  When she's done having fun, all of the clothes are in a big pile that needs to be folded ...AGAIN.

LOL, this would make a wonderful video!!!!  Hint, hint, hint......  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 09:41:58 pm »
No doubt that would make an excellent video.  When you gonna get right on that.  we wanna see!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 08:18:03 am »
Tell you what...  I'll make a video if you agree to help me refold the laundry.  LOL! 

It is quite a sight...
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 09:00:34 pm »
I guess I'm lucky that Rosie doesn't have an affinity for newly laundered clothes/sheets. She could care less about the bed. "Why get on a warm bed when you have nice cool tile to sprawl on?"
Rosie - Newfoundland