Author Topic: Male.. ahem..behaviors..?  (Read 2802 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Male.. ahem..behaviors..?
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:53:02 am »
This might be a stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway.  At what age do males usually start the 'humping' behavior? Yukon started it like about 2 weeks ago (about 12 wks old)and it's just gotten a little more frequent. :o  I feel so sorry for his sister, lol .. he doesn't know what he's doing of course and she will just be laying down minding her own business and he will stand over her.  I know they are dogs but eww.  I didn't expect it to start so soon!  Once he is neutered will that help at all?

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Male.. ahem..behaviors..?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 03:58:17 am »
ha ha peanut started when he was about 13 weeks old, axle started the week we brought him home at 9 weeks of age and sheeba is our female and she still does it even though she was fixed over a year ago.  a lot of it with axle was he was trying to figure out and assert where he belonged in our hierarchy when he was young.  peanut is the same, and sheeba just gets her jollies off of it ha ha.  getting them fixed definately helps make them stop humping, but it might take a while and every once in a while you get that dog that always does it ha ha (like sheeba).
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:08:36 am »
HA HA oh my, well thank you ..I really didn't know, at least he's normal. ;D Hubby just usually says, "dude, leave her alone, that's digusting, she's your sister!" Too bad that doesn't matter in dog world  :P

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:20:13 am »
Both of mine are fixed and they both still do it. Riley was fixed at 6-months-old, and I got Sadie fixed about a month or so after I got her (she went into heat the day after I found her, so I waited through that) at a year old.

Mine do it as a dominance thing, and they only do it to each other. Sadie will do it if Riley is sitting for attention from someone, and she sees the opportunity (she likes to try when he's sitting, I guess since he's so big). Riley will occasionally do it to her when they're excitable and she crosses some line or another. Sadie doesn't completely accept Riley as dominant, I think. She knows it, but she'll occasionally decide to try to hump him just to let him know that she's on his heels.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:35:58 am »
that's how sheeba is.  don't you just LOVE it when they do that?  ha ha
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 05:45:42 am »
i've never seen a female do this, i didn't even know they did!

yukon is very dominant, there's no question about.  he was one of the less dominant males of the litter, i can't imagine how a more dominant one would act. :o  yiska doesn't display dominance i wouldn't say, but she is so VERY different from him- much more- does her own thing, selective listening type haha.  she's fiesty and he's not, but that's probably just a gender thing.

anyway- it's interesting!