Author Topic: I may need some bail money...hahaha  (Read 1669 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
I may need some bail money...hahaha
« on: March 20, 2007, 03:03:22 pm »
Some of you may remember the trouble that we had last year when we moved to downtown LA with the park across the street from my loft- the only grassy area within blocks. For those of you who don't know, the short versions is that the grass was closed for no known reason and it took lots of calling, yelling, emails, etc to get it open in July when it had been closed since November.

Anyhow, the ice rink is now gone, the grass reseeded and grown to perfection. I waited and waited paitently for it to be "open" without police tape on it and then finally, last Friday it opened. I was so excited and thought "Whew! Now I don't have to fight with anyone". After the St. Patty's Day parade with hundreds of people on the grass, they were kind enough to leave it open for all of Sat. & Sun. Then yesterday, Bear & I became "law breakers" again. The tape was all up and we just decided not to notice. ;) This afternoon I got into an argument with one of the rent-a-cops   but my old security buddies told him to chill out. Anyways, in case Bear & I need to go MIA and end up in jail, you know where to find us.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Anakalia

Re: I may need some bail money...hahaha
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:47:40 am »
Well that's just craziness!!  Why would they have a nice grass area but no one can go on it?  Does't make any sense to me and I would be ignoring the tape too! lol  You need to train Bear to pee on that rent a cop's leg the next time you see him!  ;D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 02:14:17 am »
What is wrong with that city gov't?! 
I totally remember the struggle your community had last year! You can cound on me and my crew for some bail money -Bear and his friends NEED their grassy land!

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 02:15:18 am »
BUWAHAHAHHAHAH AHA! Stella! You're hilarious!

OOOH! I KNOW! I KNOW! Michael can raffle Bear to the BPOers for Jaime's bail fund! HAHHAHHAHA!

Anyway, Jaime...that is just the lamest thing I've ever heard of! I'm sorry that you have to deal with that crap. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with stoopid bureaucracy! I'm sorry! :(

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:00 am »
Thanks guys! I knew that I could count on you all. This situation sucks and  if things don't change we will be protesting at the next city council meeting. I just wish that the city would care about everyone in LA and not ignore those living in the heart of the city.  >:(
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 02:54:46 am »
FIGHT THE POWER JAIME!

It never amazes me the logic of some people!!  What is the point in having a park if you can only look at it from a distance??