Author Topic: I need poop help - long :(  (Read 12667 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Re: I need poop help - long :(
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 12:07:47 pm »
go here to find a store

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=stores-tab

thanks. there is a place right up the strt from me so hopefully that's accurate and they have it there. that'd be great

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 02:32:09 am »
Yiska had her first normal poop this morning! lol, how gross yeah, but it's exciting. Do I think it will last? No idea but that's the most normal I've ever seen it, I hope it's not a fluke. Yukon wouldn't go so I can't see how he's doing yet, but if taking out the Solid Gold food is what did it, I'll be writing a nice email. :)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 04:18:15 am »
did you guys give them treats every day?  that could have been the culprit also.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 04:22:19 am »
hm, they were having these liver flavored treats after potty trips or when they would go in the crate. when they had biscuits they would get one of those for a potty reward but they've been out for several days. hmm..i'm not sure.

Yukon finally pooped, the first half looked perfect..then he went and squatted again and the second half was yuck. they've done that a lot before, what's up with that anyway? ???
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:22:55 am by mama23+pyrs2 »

Nicole

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 07:35:04 am »
Not to steal the thread, but, MELISSA! Hey! Where have you been? I haven't seen you in awhile! We need new pics of the kids, OK?

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 08:58:40 am »
I sympathize with your booty blow-out situation!  Bo had MAJOR tummy problems for a long time until we figured that she is allergic to all grains.  We now have her on a grain-free diet and supplement her kibble with probiotics, digestive enzymes, pau d'arco tincture (for immune system support) and salmon oil.  Whew!!  Pyrs are pretty picky eaters & often will skip meals, so don't worry about them starving.  My vet once told me that a dog can go for up to a week with only water and be fine (not that I want to test that theory, though).  I also give Bo the slippery elm powder (sold at any health food store) plus canned pumpkin when she does have runny poops.  It is GREAT and much easier to administer than pepto (very messy on a white dog).
Good luck!!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 09:03:21 am »
I sympathize with your booty blow-out situation!  Bo had MAJOR tummy problems for a long time until we figured that she is allergic to all grains.  We now have her on a grain-free diet and supplement her kibble with probiotics, digestive enzymes, pau d'arco tincture (for immune system support) and salmon oil.  Whew!!  Pyrs are pretty picky eaters & often will skip meals, so don't worry about them starving.  My vet once told me that a dog can go for up to a week with only water and be fine (not that I want to test that theory, though).  I also give Bo the slippery elm powder (sold at any health food store) plus canned pumpkin when she does have runny poops.  It is GREAT and much easier to administer than pepto (very messy on a white dog).
Good luck!!

Good to know, I know right where I can get that stuff. Thank you! Hopefully mine aren't as sensitive once their systems calm down, what a pain!