Author Topic: DixieSugarBear (Lisa)  (Read 2556 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

DixieSugarBear (Lisa)
« on: July 10, 2005, 06:59:45 pm »
Hey you!...I'm happy to see you back online already!...I was afeared for you!!!...I am hoping once you can get out to survey the damage that it's minimal!...I was just looking at your post on how much to feed & noticed that Samson & Delilah will be about the same age difference as your two!...Samson will be 1 on the 23rd of this month & Delilah will be 5 months old on the 19th...Pretty close to yours at least...How long ago did you get Dixie Darlin'?...How did they do at first?...Please tell me it's a blast!...Lie if you have to!...lol...kiddi ng!...I'm pretty excited if you can't tell!...lol!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: DixieSugarBear (Lisa)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 07:18:17 pm »
Yes it is a blast. I got Sugar Bear at 8 weeks. I had him for 7 months when I got Dixie Darline at 12 weeks.  I knew they were going to love each other about 10min after they were together.

I picked up a rescue Pry (10 months) about a month before I got Dixie.  That lasted for about half a day, she ran over Sugar Bear and hurt his leg. After that is would not even stay anywhere close to her. If she (Nellie) came into the room he would run out. I was able to find her a home with my brother. After that I knew that it had to be a small puppy for it to work out.

Dixie has started a fight with Sugar Bear a few times over treats, but it does not last long and sounds bad but they do not hurt each other.   Sugar Bear is my big Mommy's Boy baby and Dixie is a Daddy's girl wild child. 

The first few day is was hard watching them play fight. After a while I knew they were just playing and having fun.  They are together 99% of the time they even sleep on the same bed most of the time.  I do not crate them, they sleep in our sunroom which is now the fur-babies room.  It is a very open room without much in it so it is like a big playroom for them. 

Having two is such a blast, I would love to have three.  I have found that the second one is not half as much work. But then again I did carry Sugar Bear around in my arms for the first two months.  I know I made him the big baby he is and I love it.  The three of us go for walks around our property every afternoon.  I tell Dixie "guard the fence" and off she goes running the fence line.  Sugar Bear like to go at a slow pace with me, so Dixie will double back and and check on us about three times during the walk. 

What make it so much fun is they are like night and day. Dixie is the wild child, into everything and a clown all the time. Sugar Bear is my "baby old man" he is so calm and layed back. He was not that way until the day we got Dixie. It was like he had to be a "big older brother" now. She runs circles around him most of the time and he loves it.  He give he this look, like run if you want to I would will just take it slow and easy.  Sometime when we are in the golf cart he will ride and she will run beside it.  They are just soooooooooo funny.

Lisa

Oh, we only have a one small tree down.  We were very lucky. 

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:23:34 pm »
The is a daily event.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 07:26:43 pm »
Dixie & Sugar Bear playing with him birthday toy.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 07:29:16 pm »
What should we get into now??????

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 08:59:16 pm »
Lovin' it! ;D  Lovin' the pics!!...OMG I CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Samson is a very laid back dude also...From what I have been told Delilah is a sweetheart...S he's supposed to be with her family & the sheep...They can't keep her off of the porch wanting to come in the house. ;D  That's why Jackie thought she would make a good girl for us!...She says she is almost the "perfect Pyr" & because she has been breeding Pyrs for 20 yrs. I will take her word on that!...Samson is leary of even quite frequent visitors to our home...He just finally warmed up to my uncle who is here at least once a week a couple of weeks ago...That would be uuummmmmmm almost 8 months for Samson to decide Mark could approach him & pet him...Yup, he's a hard case!...I am hoping somef Delilah's people friendly habits rub off on Sam!...I'm happy to hear you had very little damage from the storm!...Iwas quite concerned for you all!...Im also glad to hear the dogs did so well!...I hope to be posting pics like your very soon!