Author Topic: i need tooth advice for the puppy!  (Read 1586 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
i need tooth advice for the puppy!
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:17:59 am »
since we got peanut, he hasn't let us look at his teeth and i just marked it off as he wasn't used to it.  well, today i actually got a look.  i've noticed that peanut had an under bite, but not a bad one.  at least i thought not  ???  well, today i saw that his top k9 tooth is half way back on his top jaw, and his bottom ones are in the right place, in front of his top ones??  is this normal, should i wait until his adult teeth come in to see what happens?  has anyone else had this happen with a dog??  attached is a picture.  it's like this on both sides of his mouth.  he doesn't have any problems eating, he's actually kinda porky.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

Re: i need tooth advice for the puppy!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:57:14 am »
Hmmm it does look like that tooth is far back.  You might want to ask your vet to see if his teeth are going to be ok.  I'm thinking his adult teeth may be aligned different, but if you're worried, asking a vet would put your mind at ease.   :)