Author Topic: new addition pics, kathyrn and cori will esp like  (Read 7845 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: new addition pics, kathyrn and cori will esp like
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 05:24:16 am »
I've had to do the blending thing before for some baby turtles that we got in at work.  We couldn't get them to eat anything and the vet recommeded pinky parts.  So we blended them up and named it "Meeses Pieces" and the turtles started eating right away. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 05:30:46 am »
"meeses pieces" lol that's so wrong.  well, hubby has decided that we're gonna be tight on time this weekend and asked me to look around and see if i can find a pre made cage that i like.  do you know any chain stores, or websites even that sell bigger cages?  all the ones i can find are itty bitty  :-\  the thought of the small animal cages came up (like the big multi level ferret condos) but i don't think the draftiness would work.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 05:39:41 am »
I can't think of any place that would have some relatively inexpensive ones.  But I did thing of using like an old wardrobe or armoire.  Target has the relatively cheap furniture and if you find one that has the glass doors or you can pop out part of the door panel and replace with a wire mesh for good airflow.  The varnish on the inside should make the wood water resistant.  You can also leave some of the shelves for elevated resting spots and attach a light on the inside of the enclosure.  That's all I can think of right now but I'll keep thinking.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 05:41:57 am »
thanks!  we thought of that also, but couldn't find any armoires with doors we could easily change to fit the needs.  i didn't think of target though!  thanks!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 05:54:40 am »
Girls,
I just have to tell you that I have a wicked, wicked hangover today and I was reading these posts first thing in the morning and almost hurled.  But I couldn't stop looking...like a bad accident.

I'm feeling better now, so I can read BPO more.   :D

Julie

I'm right there with you (on hurling-not the hangover) but the frozen mice reminded me of my high school job.  I worked at a tropical and saltwater fish and aquarium store.  We use to also sell crickets and other live feeders as well as frozen mice.  The frozen mice were soooo funny.  They were called mice on ice and the packaging looked like ice trays.  Though they were mice trays.  Yeah, and the packaging also had illustrations of mice ICE SKATING.  Totally weird...
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 05:56:15 am »
lmao how lucky.  last time i bought frozen mice to try out, it was a thing like a butter bucket, and had the mice frozen in little baggies... 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 06:00:52 am »
HA HA!!!  Check this out..
http://www.miceonice.com/homepage.html
Misty slave to:
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 06:32:01 am »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm rat-cicle's...  so refreshing and easy to catch.... But seriously.  Is it just me or is it weird that the mouse is on ice skates and wearing a scarf?  I mean really!
Misty slave to:

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 06:38:45 am »

[/quote]

OMG.  Are those mice really on sticks?  They don't really come on sticks do they!?  Mice on sticks!?[/quote]

Jenn,

Everything tastes better when it's on a stick! 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

angelsmama

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 01:10:44 pm »
im bad with frozen mice and gerbils... when im getting them out ill hold them by their tail and make  then stick out like a gun or sword n point em at someone n say "prepare for battle"  :-\