Author Topic: Say What?? A Must Read!!  (Read 15314 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Say What?? A Must Read!!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 04:18:07 am »
That's my new word now.....*BUMP*  :P

LOL  ;D

I love your avatar picture

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 04:29:26 am »
hahaha...
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 04:41:54 am »

LOL  ;D

Nina

We loved that picture so much that Mia had to use it for her Avatar.  Yogi, or Joah-gi as we like to call him, is such a ham.  He just looks so PO'd in that pic!  :D
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 04:47:18 am »

LOL  ;D

Nina

We loved that picture so much that Mia had to use it for her Avatar.  Yogi, or Joah-gi as we like to call him, is such a ham.  He just looks so PO'd in that pic!  :D

It is such a funny picture. I would make and awesome calendar picture.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline yogibear

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 04:49:20 am »
ok...so this is REALLY funny.....I just had to look up the word "avatar"
*BUMP* :D

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 10:47:19 am »
SAY WHAT A MUST READ!!! O,K, As long as you tell me how much your new baby Weigh's know I will read it!!!After,our Nap  Time !!!Sorry about your Bump BeSafe!Watch your STep,Fri 13 is coming!! I Don't want to scare you BOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 10:51:34 am »
I also want to thank you so much for such a wonderful site full of loving, caring, understanding people. I do rescue a lot of dogs and nurse them back to health and then adopt them out. I have kept a few of them. I have also "babysat" a few for servicemen who get deployed. My husband is in the Air Force and I have watched a few dogs of guys he works with. I was at another website and would share my rescue stories and stories of the dogs I would babsit and got yelled at ...and people telling me animals are not disposable. I always thought by me "adopting" puppies or dogs that are in bad situations, or on death row and cleaning them up and then taking the time to find them a great home (i still keep in contact with every dog I have adopted out) I didn't think that was a bad thing. I thought I was helping people out. I left that site though when my 8month old great dane got VERY sick...we spent my husbands ENTIRE paycheck plus some to try and figure out what was wrong with him. We were then told that it was going to be another $5,000 I couldn't afford it and decided that it would be best to end his suffering and let him go. When we decided to let him go a nurse at the vets said that she would cover the rest of the bills if we signed him over to her. So rather than end his life we decided not to be selfish and sign him over. I made her promise me that she wouldn't let him suffer. I never did find out what was wrong with him, or if he is even still alive. But I think for my sake I am fine believing that he is very happy wether it be in heaven or this other family. The people at this other website were VERY rude and mean about it saying it was my fault. That is when I left the website and haven't been back since. I love this website even though with a 7 week old baby and the 3 dogs I don't get on here very much. I enjoy every minute that I do get to come and read. Thanks again for such a WONDERFUL website
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2005, 03:26:02 pm »
I cannot believe the other website was so rude to you there.  There are lots of people on here who foster and rescue dogs, so you're not alone.  Rescuing, fostering, finding homes for animals in need is a wonderful thing to do.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is very close minded and selfish.

My hubby's in the marines, so you're not alone there, either........ .....lol.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2005, 03:42:57 pm »
Gees Louise! I can't believe that other site said those things. The only thing they seem to have right is that "pets are not disposable", but DUH! it's the people who had them BEFORE you who "disposed" of them, not the person who rescued them and made sure they were placed in responsible homes (a.k.a. YOU!).

And, we all know how difficult it is to make a decision like you had to make with your great dane. Thank Goodness, the vet tech stepped forward and offered you another alternative. I imagine I would have made the same decisions you made every step of the way. And, I can understand that you want to respect the fact that the great dane is not yours anymore and not threaten the vet tech with suspicions you would want him back when healthy by inquiring about him. I'm sure that must be very difficult, but I also find it extremely courageous.

So, welcome to a board that not only cares, but understands and listens without prejudice.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2005, 06:35:15 pm »
You guys are great. Thank you so much for being such supportive and understanding people. I feel like Ive finally found a website that is not only a TON of fun...VERY addicting, but is full of a bunch of AWESOME people. Thanks again
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Well Poor Maggie she is sick little tummy ache!!!
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2005, 09:46:15 pm »
 >:(She got sick sat,so i took her to the vet today but he said she will be fine tomarrow, :D,Also Next week is her Birthday!!She will be one!!and molly went to the vet also today,she Weigh's 85,pound's ::)she is just 6mo!!! ;)She is alway's eating!!! :molly&Maggie!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline tvsjessica

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2005, 08:33:10 pm »
I know the agreeing posts are voluminous, but can I add another one?  I'm new here, but I noticed right away how people phrase responses here that are, for the most part, nonthreatening and helpful.  Most people really do love their pets, and to ask and honest innocent question and get attacked is what drove me from several boards when I just wanted some sense of community and support.  I am TERRIBLY guilty of asking stupid questions, and it's not because I don't want to do the best by my animals, I just honestly don't know.  A rude reply simply makes the person resent the advice and try to go it alone, which in the end is less beneficial to the animals.  I once asked a question on another board based solely on some bad advice from my vet, and was completely attacked for being an idiot who had no clue what was best for my animals.  That said, I apologize in advance for asking stupid questions (and posting where the posting has been done), and thanks in advance for getting patient replies.
Am I the only one that Tivos dog shows and watches them again?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2005, 12:34:52 am »
  I am TERRIBLY guilty of asking stupid questions, and it's not because I don't want to do the best by my animals, I just honestly don't know.   That said, I apologize in advance for asking stupid questions (and posting where the posting has been done), and thanks in advance for getting patient replies.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that there was no such thing as stupid questions? We're all learning here...some people have more knoledge in certain areas than others but when the group comes together the amount of knowledge is overwhelming. Don't ever hesisitate to ask anything here.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2006, 03:13:59 pm »
 ;D Well i m surly honored to find this site! T he people and the dogs are a wealth of information! Sometimes people i meet or even my friends think i pay way to much attention to my dogs! Well like anything else in life it's what you put into it well how does it go is what you get out of it! I have spent alot of $ and time on my dogs and i really don't give it much thought. If there is an after life i hope my pet gives me the love and care that i give them! I love reading your stories and advice i also enjoy everyones pictures!   Marina   Freya-Milo-Bryce
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2006, 05:58:57 pm »
I appreciate all of the hard work and dedication that goes into this site.  I am thankful to have found friends who are as crazy about their pups as I am about mine.  Jamie, I applaud you for posting this to remind people to think before they type.  While I think that it's not necessary to be sugary sweet or insincere, I do think that sometimes we get the attitude that our way is the best way and try to shove it off on someone.  That's not necessary either.  So, anyway.. that's my 2 cents worth.  Good job Jamie and Michael.  Thanks for creating a great place to hang out!