Author Topic: Anyone Trialing this Summer?  (Read 4737 times)

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Anyone Trialing this Summer?
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:58:48 am »
Was wondering if anyone here was signed up to compete in anything anytime soon?

Cider's not a big dog.. But She's signed up for her first rally o, and first and second agility competitions, and I'm starting to freak a little bit lol.
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Trialing this Summer?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 11:29:18 pm »
Cirra earned her Rally Novice title last year and we worked for every point.  Also, she has her CGC certificate.  She has taken a variety of classes obedience, rally and now sgility.  Over the summer we are planning on to continue working on her Versatility titles with the Great Pyrenees Club of America.  We have signed up with the Dog Scouts so Cirra will be practicing to pass that test and become a Scout.  We will need to videotape ourselves with Cirra and send in the tape for evaluation since there are not any troops in Maine.  After becoming a Scout she can begin to earn a variety of badges.  Stay tuned in that some of the badges may prove to be very intersting.  While practicing to become a Scout she can work on a backpacking title with the Dog Scouts so we will be doing that. www.dogscouts. com  They have a great website with lots of information regarding their program and training.  Also we have ourselves and Cirra signed up for a three day Dog Camp in Maine at the end of September. I don't know if we will actually compete in formal trials this summer - it is possible.  Cirra will probably be in some fun matches for obedience, rally and agility that are close by. If a Temperament Test from the American Temperatment Test Society is ever available in our area we will have her tested.  Also Cirra will teke the next Therapy Dog test when that is available - probably in the Fall.  We really enjoy sharing a variety of fun activities with Cirra and encourage all the Big Paws to get out and play.  It is always nice to see other Big Paws out and about.  Of course - a good sense of humor is needed for the Big Paws to be participating in some of these activities however as you all know - a good sense for humor is a requirement for living with a Big Paw. What are some of our other Big Paws doing? 

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:41:43 pm »
Breeze starts her show career on May 5th at just 13 weeks old :). I am hoping to get atleast 6 shows in during her Novice puppy age. Once the August and beyond shows post I will figure out what shows work for us to try and get her finished (hopefully by October) then I can start working towards her CGC/TDI and U-CD.

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:15:17 am »
Oooh good luck to both of you :)  It's awesome to hear of people having actual plans.  Makes me feel less geeky, lol.

We are so jealous about the dog scouts, when we found them a year ago we really wanted to be in, but being in Ontario... It's ano go for us.
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 11:28:45 pm »
Since there are not any Dog Scouts troops in our area - we just signed up ourselves as well as a friend and her dog.  We will do some of the activities together - not a troop however fun and play time together.  The Dog Scouts are about responsible dog owners having fun with their well mannered dogs.  Cirra tried out her backpack yesterday.