Author Topic: New mom of Newfie pup!  (Read 12007 times)

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New mom of Newfie pup!
« on: July 11, 2005, 01:42:01 pm »
Hi everybody! I've been lurking on this list for quite a while. Our beloved Saint Bernard (Roswell) had passed away and like many people here, we realized our house was not a home without a big dog. Soooo.....this past weekend we became the overjoyed parents of Molly (still working on her registered name), an outragiously charming 3 1/2 month old chocolate Newfoundland! I wanted to post her picture and share our news with people who really understand:-)

lins_saving_grace

Re: New mom of Newfie pup!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 01:52:58 pm »
What a beautiful horse...I mean dog!  I love the color and the name.  
Welcome welcome welcome!

I lost a dog in February and felt so guilty for getting a puppy only 1 month after she died.  Man I miss that dog.   :'(
But you're right...the house is just not a home without a dog and toys all over the house and TP dangling from the roll and rolled into the kitchen ... and wet  spots on the carpet... and 3 am walks .... and wet fast kisses...and puppy breath...and squeeky barks...etc etc etc.  :)  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 01:55:04 pm by lins_saving_grace »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 03:10:01 pm »
Welcome Joey and Molly! I am sorry about your loss but so happy that you decided to get another pup. Your baby is soo cute. She is tiny and furry. Oh, that puppy coat is so soft I can almost feel it through the computer screen!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 03:40:14 pm »
Fantastic!!!...She's a beaut!...We are going to get our almost 5 month old little Pyr girl a.s.a.p.!...I casn't hardly stand looking at all the gorgeous puppy pics & not having her here yet! :'(  Congrats!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 05:29:25 pm »
Congrats on your new baby! I am sure she will bring a ton of joy to your life.
RIP former BPO

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 06:28:05 am »
Thank all of you for making Molly and I feel so welcome! I really love the idea of having a place like this to share stories & pictures & get advice:-)

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 07:23:11 am »
Welcome!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your loss.Im sure youll come to love the site like all of us do.But anyway congrats on your new newf.What made you swtich from a saint to a newf?Shes beautiful!Dont forget to post lots of pics.We love pics here.

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 08:22:45 am »
Oh Jules! It was absolutely nothing against Saints!  Not everybody would feel this way, but it was two things. We thought it would hurt too much to look into the eyes of another Saint.....and we didn't want to be saying years from now.......reme mber that first Saint we had? Roswell was soooo special, we felt he had to have is own place in our hearts & memories all to himself as THE Saint Bernard.

Of course in deciding on another breed, we wanted something that had those same wonderful qualities! We narrowed down to English Mastiff, Great Pyrenees, or Newfoundland.  Ending up with Molly the Newfie:-)

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 08:40:03 am »
I had never thought about it that way but I guess your right.I would never be able to get another one if I ever loss Spotakiss.I tear up just thinking about it.Good luck with your baby.

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 09:12:22 am »
It's a very depressing thought, isn't it? Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad. Give Spotakiss an extra hug & kiss from me, and thank you for understanding:-)

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 09:24:20 am »
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jackie:-(  Flynn was a great name for an Irish Setter, and so is Samson for a Malamute!  What color Newf are you getting, and have you picked out a name for him/her?

Oh! And Molly is sooooo cuddly! The minute I hold still, she's flopped down at my feet. Usually ON my feet:-)  I bet you're going crazy waiting for your new baby!

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 12:47:26 pm »
Molly's breeder advertised in a tri-state newspaper. Both her parent's are black, but the mom carries the brown gene. There were 8 in the litter......5 black, 3 brown. All but 2 had been sold. Molly & her brown brother. Someone else was coming that evening to buy whichever pup we didn't take. We got to see both parents, and a brown male they had kept from a previous litter. Gorgeous dogs!

I bet all you can think & talk about is dogs! I was driving my husband crazy, too:-) Course now that she's here, I'm still driving him crazy having him look at this or that cute thing she's doing. I've had her for 3 days and I could already write a novel about this girl! Can't wait to see lots of pictures of Mr. Jiggs! I'll be counting the days with you!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 01:11:34 pm »
Hi Joey,

I was so sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost my dog Cabo just over a year ago, and I still miss him every day, despite my new monster.  Ranger is a St. Bernard mix, almost 2 years old, and couldn't be more of an opposite to Cabo, yet strangely enough there was still something similar to Cabo in him that drew me to him...

Your new baby is adorable!  It sounds as though you two are bonded already...  I am sure she is going to bring you lots of joy.  You will have to post tons of pics and cute stories as she grows!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 04:09:03 pm »
What a beautiful little lady !!! 

We have a Newf/Great Pyr cross who's 6 months old today. And our other baby is 3 years old and is an English Shepherd /Husky cross or so we were told. 
I can so relate to not being able to have a new pup of the same breed you just lost, we did the same thing. Our late love Nero Wolfe was a Golden Lab who was our love for 11 years. It's been 3 years now ( we got Fwirly a week after Nero Wolfe died as I couldn't be in the house without non-stop crying and my arms were so very empty) and both Fwirly and Moose are so different from the way Nero Wolfe was. He would have loved them though, he loved evey small thing, babies, kittens, pups...if it was a baby, he'd handle it as if it was gold! And our cats were his babies too ! 

Each time we bring home another baby to love, our heart grows more . I can't wait to see more pictures and hear stories and watch your Molly grow ! 

Offline 3snotenough

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Rhonda's Newfies
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 12:10:17 pm »
She is gorgeous! Looks alot like my girl Sawyer ;D