Author Topic: Dumb "Family Feud"!  (Read 4521 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Dumb "Family Feud"!
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:17:23 pm »
I took a break from grading papers to type this right now. I'm so irritated with the show the Family Feud. The question was "Name something a dog walker doesn't like about their job" and the 3rd answer was BIG DOGS.  >:( I know some people are just prejiduced towards the big guys but come on.  >:(
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Dumb "Family Feud"!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:33:55 pm »
julie you'd love axle and sheeba.  why can't you live closer?!  ha ha
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 01:43:42 pm »
I HATE people that say stupid stuff about big dogs.  Anyone that knows anything, knows that lil yappy dogs are the worst. No offense ment to those of you with little yappy dogs.  They run around and act all psychotic and our big guys.... well ummm....sleep lol.

HAHAHAHAAHA  Julie you had to just LOVE walking Morphy then.  He does everything that you hate and MORE lol.  But knowing him he was probably a perfect little  angel for you lol. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 01:46:16 pm by morph's mom »
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 01:50:16 pm »
we're changing subject here, (SORRY! i still love you guys!) but i was watching cesar milan and he said that the tiny dogs get that typical attitude because owners baby them not treating them like dogs, and carry them and then they always see other dogs / people from above and they get the impression they're dominant.  we don't carry peanut around because we saw that and he's very social with everyone and doesn't act like the typical chihuahua!  maybe that's why big paws are usually good?  because they're so heavy they don't get carried?  ha ha
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 01:13:52 am »
we're changing subject here, (SORRY! i still love you guys!) but i was watching cesar milan and he said that the tiny dogs get that typical attitude because owners baby them not treating them like dogs, and carry them and then they always see other dogs / people from above and they get the impression they're dominant.  we don't carry peanut around because we saw that and he's very social with everyone and doesn't act like the typical chihuahua!  maybe that's why big paws are usually good?  because they're so heavy they don't get carried?  ha ha

Cesar is spot on! My roomie's three chihuahuas are babied beyond belief and of all the 7 dogs in the house, they behave the worst!  They are cute and I love them, but they are holy terrors that have zero boundaries... haha

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 02:03:39 am »
Well that irks me too!  I've never been one to agree with the "surveyed answers" sometimes they don't make much sense but this one REALLY doesn't make sense.  I've done some dogsitting/walking back in the day and I have to tell ya, it was the little guys that always gave me troubles.  The big dogs were always just happy go lucky.....appa rently the "surveyed" people have never met a big dog! lol

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 05:20:10 am »
Since it's already been hijacked  ;) I wanted to say that I totally agree with the little dog thing.  I saw a couple yesterday at the park walking their dog in the beautiful sunshine... IN A baby snuggle thing (ya know, the kind that keeps the baby in front of you right against your belly and chest.  Ughh! To me, that's worse than the dogs in puses at the mall. Although in general, it's all silliness to me. IF I ever get a little dog, there will be NO carrying/babying/spoiling. :D
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 12:26:29 pm »
What a totally stupid answer to give.
When I did petsitting/dog walking in CA, my least favorite thing was dealing with the customers, the animals I could totally handle.  And giving meds was not my favorite thing to do, especially to cats.  I had one cancer patient that needed 5 pills a day.  By the time you got to pill number 3 it was starting to be quite the struggle.

And as for little dogs?  I soooo agree that you can't baby them in any way.  One reason the person who gave me my ratties had no problems with me.........she knew they wouldn't be babied or spoiled.  My female is a favorite of everyone b/c she's so friendly and "cutesy".  But if she had gone to a home where she was coddled you better believe she would be an unholy misbehaving terror.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 12:49:36 pm »
ha ha i have to laugh over the highjacked thread.  we do "pamper" peanut to the extent he gets clothes, a chewy every night etc, but i agree (only because he gets cold, and drives us nuts at night so we give him a chewy to gnaw on until he falls asleep).  the stroller is pushing it!  i actually looked at one ONLY because i thought it was too funny how upset hubby got.  but boy, i have to make the comment i was shocked (even though it was out of fun at hubby) that the dog strollers cost more than kid ones!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)