Author Topic: How does this happen to pyr babies?  (Read 10268 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
How does this happen to pyr babies?
« on: July 11, 2005, 02:02:38 pm »
I am so confused. Obviously there is dog overpopulation, but how on earth do little 3 month old cute-as-a-button great pyrenees puppies end up without homes? I don't get it. If breeders don't sell all their puppies, do they dump them off at the pound or at rescue organizations? I am always browsing around on petfinder, and I am shocked every time at how many purebreds are on there.
I have been in frustration mode for quite some time now, it seems the dog drama is surrounding me more than ever before. I have enough stories just in the past few days to fill this whole board! Everything form the 2 doors down neighbor's dog being stuck in a wire fence for nearly 24 hours, my downstairs neighbors with a horribly bred litter of pit bull puppies, and my next door neighbor fashioning a "harness" out of a chain wrapped tightly around his puppy to keep him tied to a tree... it seems like it will never end.
Anyway, I posted on another thread but just to make sure, there are pyr babies!
www.petfinder. com/pet.cgi
Hopefully that link works.
Take care everyone, and kiss your well-loved pooches for me.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: How does this happen to pyr babies?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 03:08:43 pm »
I could not get the link to work.  How could anyone not want a sweet pyr baby.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 03:21:33 pm »
Good question...wha t do breeders do with babies they can't sell???
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 03:22:08 pm »
I couldn't get the link to work either!...I am wondering if they were part of the "pack" the rescue lady I'd talked to a few times said were coming & then she never got back to me or returned my call...Where are the babies?...I have a litte girl Pyr coming already but that would burn my butt!

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 03:29:31 pm »
I'd make room for all three! Pyrs... are... wow, just wow..

How sad. I know we got Blizzard from a breeder who couldn't sell her girls. She had three left. I keep kicking myself for not taking ALL of them.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 03:29:57 pm »
Hopefully they go to no kill rescues!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 03:33:12 pm »
I couldn't get the link to work either!...I am wondering if they were part of the "pack" the rescue lady I'd talked to a few times said were coming & then she never got back to me or returned my call...Where are the babies?...I have a litte girl Pyr coming already but that would burn my butt!
Nope, on another thread it said these girls were in Nashville I believe...I do hope they find good homes!...I am going to try & find them on Petfinder & post them at my other groups.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 04:42:07 pm »
Sorry I can't get that link to work anymore either. So if you go to www.petfinder. com, type in a search for great pyrenees, age: baby, size:all, and city:Nashville TN. That should take you to the page I was trying to link to. They are so adorable. I hope anyone who is interested can find them and have a look.

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 06:33:54 pm »
They are all so sweet! Cute babies.

I could almost bet they will be adopted soon to a very loving family.

But, Reilly and Robin have my heart!
Those two boys...
just prescious!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 06:37:16 pm »
Oh they are just darling!...I am sure they will find appropriate homes! :)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 10:57:58 pm »
And, another good question is: What do "consumers" do with the disposable puppies they've decided they do not want because they were deluded about the level of responsibility involved with raising a them to begin with?  Ours is a compulsive, disposable culture...we go through cars like they are peanuts, change houses all the time, and "get rid" of "things" we at one time would die without.

It is good for the pups that there are people like us, here on BPO, who do stand by our commitments for a lifetime.

Puppies are forever! 
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 11:31:07 pm »
Moonlit, Damn good question & I have the answer...They dump them at the pound with some sad bullcrap story, along country roads, in yards with swingsets where children must live...They have them p.t.s. & tell themselves that the new carpet was well worth the sacrifice THEY have made...The put them outside & as an after thought feed them & tell themselves they are "caring" for them...They neglect, abandoned, & disregard them...They put the burden of emotion, time, finances, & stress on the people who give a crap to start with...They, by all of that, teach their children that LIFE & RESPONSIBILITY is disposable...T hat's what "consumers" do. :'(  It's not just puppies that are forever...It's horses, kittens, bunnies, hamsters, guinea pigs, birds, etc...etc!!!!...The lesson they teach their children & all of society is FOREVER. :'(
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 11:41:42 am by GYPSY JAZMINE »