Author Topic: I'm posting for the first time!  (Read 4168 times)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I'm posting for the first time!
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:16:46 pm »
Hi, I've been lurking here since last fall but I've been rather shy about posting (obviously). ::) It's great to find such a nice group of dedicated dog lovers!  I'm mom to 3 skin kids, 3 canine fur kids and our kitties.  We have Daisy, a very sweet spayed 8 y/o Golden Ret./Yellow Lab cross that we've had since puppyhood and we've had 2 Pyrs in the past. Our first Pyr we lost to old age and our second we had to PTS last year due to bone cancer and it just broke our hearts.  I found BPO while we were grieving and you've all been a great comfort to me and an inspiration to rescue our latest additions to our family.  We recently added two new Pyrs to our family. Since February we've adopted Cassie, a 23 month old spayed female GP that we adopted from an elderly couple that were having health problems and Sammy a 3-5 yr old neutered male GP that came to us from GP Rescue.  Cassie had been  well loved and cared for and she is a healthy, happy cuddle bug.  Sammy was removed from his former "home" by animal control due to severe abuse and neglect. :( He was only 68# and shaved due to mats when he came to rescue and you could count every rib on him.  We'll never really know how much he suffered, but he has the sweetest eyes and the biggest heart you can imagine.  He is doing well now, gaining weight and strength and we sure love him. Amazingly, they both originally came from the same town (5 hrs from us), so we know that they were meant to be!  We now have our Golden Pyr pack that we've always wanted and we couldn't be happier.  Thank you all for the inspiration to rescue!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: I'm posting for the first time!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:20:53 pm »
congrads on your new babies!  i can't wait to see pics!  i'm steffanie, i have two skin boys (1 and 3), a cat, i also keep african cichlids.  as far as dogs go, we have a 140 lb akita named axle, a 75lb akita / chow named sheeba, a 120lb-ish 10 month old rescue dane, caine a 10 month old 75lb pitbull, and peanut a 5 month old chihuahua!  i'm sure you already know you'll love bpo ha ha.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:43:59 pm »
Hello and welcome!  How wonderful of you to rescue those two pyrs in need.  I'd love to see pix of your crew.

My name is Chris, and my furfamily consists of Keiko, an almost 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 2 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 1 yr old rat terriers.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 12:45:15 pm »
Hi and welcome :) I'm mom to 3 kiddos too (9, 2.5 and 11 mos), 2 almost 15 wk old Pyr pups and 3 kitties. Glad you found your pack again! Can't wait to see pics of everybody.

:D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 01:33:23 pm »
Welcome to the board- I am so happy to hear about the rescued Pyrs. I have 3 Pyrs and a Maremma- ( which we thought was a Pyr at first) 3 Danes ( 2 pulled from a kill shelter) Bailey the 1/2 Newf 1/2 Golden and some littles. I could be labled the crazy dog lady and it would not have a negative effect on me at all. I have some other fosters as well. I am looking forward to your pics of your crew. One of my Pyrs was 7 when I rescued her last April and you could not ask for a more devoted and loyal companion.
Paige

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:49:23 pm »
Welcome!!  What a great story!  This is a wonderful place full of everything you might need.  The ppl are great and you will love it here...I'm Lori..2 teenagers(yikes)  Marley-OEM, Laney-yellowlab, 2 chihuahuas, 2 cats, 2 birds (wow its like Noahs Ark??)  and many lizards and snakes...Cant wait to see pics!

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 02:10:25 pm »
Hey! I'm new too! I think it's great you went to rescue! I want to see pictures!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 02:13:47 pm »
Hi there, welcome to BPO! I'm Andi, mom to Koby the great dane and Quinn, the super psycho cat.  Can't wait to see pictures of your crew!    ;D

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 02:29:56 pm »
Hello! I'm Annie, and I have Riley (21-m-old Saint), Sadie (rescued Lab, almost 3-y-o), and Thomas, Turbo, and Bevo (5-y-o rescued cats who are brothers). But if you've been reading, I guess you might know that! LOL  ;D :D :D

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »
Hey and welcome! I'm Rachel....I own a 1 1/2 year old Shihtzu named Sparky (i'm actually not super sure how old he is) and a 14 week old all black GSD named Onyx...i also have an adoring (most of the time) husband who is in luv with GSD's.  I hope that you enjoy posting on here as much as I do!
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

dohertyswissy

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 02:12:20 am »
Congratulation s on your rescues!  I'm glad that all of us at BPO were here for you during your mourning time, as well as a time of celebration for your rescued babies!

I'm Heather, Mom to a 2 year old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, Ranger and a 10 year old rescued cat, Tigger.

So..um...where are the pictures??  :)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:14:16 am »
Welcome.  I'm Misty and Gracie is the mug you see.  She's a 10 month old English Mastiff and we love it here.  Can't wait to see pictures of all your kids. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 06:26:42 am »
Thank you all for your warm welcome.  Silly me, I should've come out of lurkdom sooner!   :) 

We're so glad to have these guys, they've added so much to our family.  Sam adores my DH (he telecommutes) and follows him around with a big dog smile.  Cass is such a natural snuggle bug that she made me think of how Julie's (Dahlie) dog Jackie is a reading therapy dog, so I suggested that our son read aloud to her. I told him that "it would be good for her".  ;) Now his reading has really improved and they look so cute snuggling while he reads to her.  Daisy was lonely as the only dog, and once we got past the initial growling, she's loved her new brother & sister.  It's been great!

Here's a pic of our three playing.  Sammy is on the left, Daisy in the middle and Cassie's on the right.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 06:34:18 am »
Aww, very cute and happy doggies! Keep the pics comin' ;)