Author Topic: Nothing to do with dogs at all...  (Read 3383 times)

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Nothing to do with dogs at all...
« on: April 04, 2007, 12:08:13 pm »
Smitty and I have been looking for an internet job for me so that I can stay at home with Mase and the boys and still make some money (which is always nice).  But there are sooo many of them out there and it is really confusing. 

So I was wondering... Do any of you guys have any experience with this or have any ideas as to how to not get ripped off or scammed???  Anything information would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Carrie
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Nothing to do with dogs at all...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 12:16:28 pm »
i've been looking into it too, i'd be interested in what you find also.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:28:36 pm »
I've gone through periods of looking into it and requesting info to just giving up and feeling like I'll never find anything legit. There IS a site that I got from someone else that did have some proven legit jobs but it's in my favs on another hard drive. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I was considering doing and still am is this one, you make these crosses for this Pastor

http://www.disciplescross.com/

I don't know how you feel about crosses or religious stuff but I'm not religious. After reading through the site thought it looked easy enough to make a little extra money. After adding in my 3rd baby and the 2 puppies I don't have the extra time now but I hope to in the future, to try it out. Also, I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to make up your income and this isn't really an internet job but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I'd like to see if anyone has any ideas too!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:19 pm »
I know of someone that does online tutoring.  I have no idea if she has a teaching degree or anything, but it's something to look into.  A company figures out her hours and whatnot.  I think she has to recruit students though or something.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 02:23:24 am »
I've always been interested in finding a job I can do while caring for my kids ! I cleaned hotel rooms for two summers but that was only with two . I don't think I can drag four kids from room to room anymore . LOL  ;D I raised some pocket pets for awhile but last year was aweful and we lost most of them  :'( I kind of like the sound of that cross necklace page .I'll have to show it to my hubby when he gets home .....
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 02:34:23 am »
OH this is perfect for me!!  I've gotten into a few things! hahahahaha  I've done the online surveys, didn't work at all!  BIG waste of time.  I did a few others that were ok, but the biggest thing is, they tell you "spend more time with family" that is the biggest lie!  Most of the time you pay a small fee, get into it and that's all you do!  One company I was working for, I'd get up and work from 8am to 9pm.  If you're not calling people you're on "conference calls".  The next thing you know your family is suffering, because you're never available and you've not made much money at all.  Most of the time if you choose to work from home, you're selling some type of product.  Before getting into anything make sure you check out www.scam.com .  I never did find a company I LOVED working for.  Tony's self employed so I just stay at home and work in the office for him.  Good luck with your search, let me know if you find anything reputable.

Modified to add: www.ripoffrepo rt.com is also a good place to go to find scammy work from home businesses.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:46:13 am by Anakalia »

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 03:11:55 am »
I am just bouncing back on line for a few minutes before we have to leave- however there is a legit home based service out there- I know of people from my office that actually have worked for them on a part time basis and one lady that I work with has a daughter and it is her only income (and the daughter is on her own) They take the calls for the Home Shopping Network, primarily, but one of the assignments around V-Day was for the Vermont Teddy Bear company. You have to have DSL and if you say you are going to work from 8AM - 4PM then you have to be available for those hours. It also paid fairly decent- like 14-17 dollars an hour. It may be Monday before I can get the information again since I wont be back to work until Monday. But I will search thru my old emails and see if I have that info in my emails. I wanted to do it, but couldnt because I can not get DSL from here.

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 10:10:36 am »
I got into this new company...it's not internet baised but....it's pretty easy.  it's called  pre-paid legal and it's basically about selling legal insurance...on e of my friends has made alot of money off of it...and it's something that people actually use.  if you know alot of ppl it is easy to make alot of money.
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox