Author Topic: Hiccups  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Hiccups
« on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:53 pm »
I noticed Atlas had the hiccups like 3 times today, is that normal?  :-\ They go away pretty fast but still...
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

mama23+pyrs2

Re: Hiccups
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 01:42:42 pm »
Must be like infants in that way, things not fully developed. But I've never had a puppy hiccup yet haha

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 01:59:24 pm »
Ohhhh i love puppy hiccups!!! they are WAY too cute. and watch out, with every hiccup comes a growth spurt hahaha

jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:13:15 pm »
lol okay good! Thanks guys! :)
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 02:16:27 pm »
Oh yeah.  Gunther would hiccup after every meal and several times a day.  It was cute at first but then i was like, "just get them over with already!"

He outgrew them I think around 6 or so months of age.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:50:20 am »
Ohhhh i love puppy hiccups!!! they are WAY too cute. and watch out, with every hiccup comes a growth spurt hahaha

jodi

HA HA JO!!!  That is exactly what I thought too.  Gracie hasn't had them so often now that she's 10 months old but up until she was around 8 months old she would get them very frequently.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Anakalia

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 01:55:47 am »
Koby used to have hiccups 5-6 times a day, it seemed like he did it all the time, nonstop, but so cute!  After reading this post I started thinking and realized Koby hasn't hiccuped in a very LONG time!  I actually kinda miss it.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 03:34:00 am »
Now this is making me wonder why my puppies have never hiccuped- any puppies I've had, interesting. The only cute puppy thing they do is squeak when they yawn lol .. it is so cute, I do miss when that goes away. :)

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 08:12:58 am »
 oh, i absolutely LOVE the squeak they make when they yawn. lol that has got to be the cutest thing ever. my Dasher is a huge squeaker everytime he yawns. cooper still does it too, every once and a while. i love it, it always makes me laugh
Leah

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 12:39:35 pm »
Zander has ben getting the hiccups quite a bit. I was just wondering if that was normal. I don't remember Tealk having hiccups. After reading this I'm not worried :)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 12:51:09 pm »
lol i LOVE the yawn squeak, but with my papillons its like a scream, i love it, it always makes me laugh.

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 01:37:28 pm »
That's funny about the yawn squeak.

With the ratties, it sounds more like a cat's meow.  It is the weirdest thing, but amusing at the same time.