Author Topic: Another Recall  (Read 5673 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Another Recall
« on: April 05, 2007, 11:35:48 am »
Please visit this link and check your cookies/biscuits:

http://www.sunshinemills.com/press_release.html

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Another Recall
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 11:38:15 am »
thanks for that! I'm safe on this one... phew! :)
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 11:59:24 am »
that makes the second recall ol' roy has been involved in.  makes you wonder what other corners they're cutting!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:01:03 pm »
I know seriously!! Have you ever been in walmart and seen someone buying it and wanted to be like .. please dont do that and let me tell you why?
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 12:03:27 pm »
Will this ever end? Every day there are more products added why do they not just recall every animal product that contains Wheat gluten that was made in the time frame? Glad nothing I feed has these fillers to worry about.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 12:05:32 pm »
I know seriously!! Have you ever been in walmart and seen someone buying it and wanted to be like .. please dont do that and let me tell you why?

no, but let me tell you what i DID do though.  when we first moved here, i hadn't talked to my neighbors much, and when i got diesel we were talking about how skinny he was, and i popped off "they had to of been feeding him ol' roy or something"  there was an akward silence, followed by the hubby saying, "that's what we feed our dog and she's fat"...  (their dog is obese-ly fat, hence her name "waddles") talk about awkward.  i wasn't sure what to say after that ha ha.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:10:32 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:07:44 pm »
oh, i forgot to put that melamine (which is what they're finding) is apparently the main constituent in high pressure laminates such as Formica and Arborite and of laminate flooring.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 12:16:03 pm »

no, but let me tell you what i DID do though.  when we first moved here, i hadn't talked to my neighbors much, and when i got diesel we were talking about how skinny he was, and i popped off "they had to of been feeding him ol' roy or something"  there was an akward silence, followed by the hubby saying, "that's what we feed our dog and she's fat"...  (their dog is obese-ly fat, hence her name "waddles") talk about awkward.  i wasn't sure what to say after that ha ha.

OUCH!!!! Everytime we go to walmart, darcy jokes around and says "Can i get some ol roy for zero" I said "NO, You'll kill him" and if we see people with it, i sorta say, out loud, but usually they dont hear me "that'll kill the dog sooner than later"... Cuz, well it will. My grandma used to feed ol roy... and omg that poor thing. She is VERY overweight also, and her other one is skinny mini... But, what can ya do... :(
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 12:17:29 pm »
i wonder what ol' roy does that most dogs that eat it are fat ha ha.  here i am buying expensive dog food and diesel is still skinny as a rail, and our neighbor is buying ol' roy and their's is mrs. tubby  ???
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 12:18:13 pm »
Hubby says
If its good enough for ol roy, its good enough for our dogs....
 ::)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 12:23:31 pm »
I know they use more fillers and preservatives than anything, its kinda like us eating mcdonalds twice a day, everyday, we'd get huge, but if we eat healthy nutritous food, we stay in good weight and health... its the same with dog food IMO. As an obedience trainer, i always reccomend a high quality dog food because a dogs behaviour can change if they are eating good food, like a little kid high on sugar from soda compared to one who drinks milk? It really does make a difference in how happy the dog is mentally.

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 01:10:54 pm »
Haha, a lot of these comments go on at Walmarts I see. Last week we we there looking for some bones for the pups and my toddler was picking up all kinds of things, food and what not and putting it in the cart. He wanted to pick up the packs of wet Ol' Roy and hubby and I said no, that's nasty stuff!  Then next thing you know this old lady in the aisle comes strolling down with a case of it in her cart, haaaaaaa ..oops. She got to talking to us about the recall, how funny is that. And how scared it's made her etc..she's a breeder of teacup chi's and started going on and on about them. Said her largest (grown) one is 1 lb, some ounces, we said wow, that would be a snack for our puppies haha.

Anyway, poor dogs and puppies being raised on that stuff. Yuck
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 01:11:44 pm by mama23+pyrs2 »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 02:15:59 pm »
This wheat gluten recall seems to be getting bigger by the day!  Since we recently adopted/rescued two of our dogs, they are still on different foods, but fortunately none have any wheat in them.  I'm reading ingredients carefully on their treats to avoid all wheat now and I've just switched our kitties to a wheat-free food, too.  I feel so badly for all of the dogs & cats that have been effected and the humans that love them.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Dog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 03:41:12 pm »
More people are starting to cook for their dogs. I've fed raw and cooked foods for maybe 20 years now. Thank g-d! http://www.monicasegal.com has little booklets ($6) with balanced recipes and I have both her books too. These are probably the best option for people who never want to trust commercial food again. All I know is that I would never feed my dogs anything but real food. It's not hard to put together a balanced diet and I don't have to worry about wheat gluten and mystery meats.

Sheilagh