Author Topic: Galahads Lazy Sunday  (Read 6459 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Galahads Lazy Sunday
« on: August 21, 2005, 01:17:53 pm »
Soooo it is like a sauna outside, we go out and do our potty thing and then in again, Galahad is almost tripping over himself or Hera in his hurry to get in lol.....

Hera is in hear so he is pouting over not having a playmate either, the kittens dont think he is funny when he slams his big feet right next to them  ;D

Sooooo today he is just being a total couch potatoe, well nothing new really, after all the couch or bed is the most likely place to find the dogs, today though Hera who is sporting navy blue panties have the bedroom (yeeees with a big old blanket ontop of ours lol...)

Thgouth Id cheer him up by taking a few pics I am not sure he was impressed hehe Malin had to give him the classic finger ears in one pic and that made him look like he was fixing to cry  ::) ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Kiahpyr

Re: Galahads Lazy Sunday
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 01:31:33 pm »
Those pics are soooo cute! Kiah is doing the same thing today due to the heat. She's been laying around all day. Have to force her outside to do her thing. By tonight she'll be really hyper. Hopefully it cools off this evening, so I can let her run off some of that pent up energy.

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 01:38:37 pm »
please trade marit!  PLEASE!

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 02:31:45 pm »
Marit, we completely understand, I went out to wash my car and gees....it was so hot. Tonka has been lounging all day also, we did get the water cool enough to rinse out her pool and fill it up for a couple minutes of playtime then off back into the house after mommy soaked her. This weather is horrible, I think someone said the heat index was over 100.....

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 03:31:43 pm »
He is so beautiful Marit. I love the lazy day pics. Cute cute!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 05:10:31 pm »
Its actually quite lovely here, too. It is 6:08pm and 78 degrees. Nice breeze. We've been out on the boat all day. Cabeza absolutely loves it. We go up the Galien River and he gets out and wades and chases herons and gets awful dirty. He's sleeping very very soundly right now! He also had a fun treat today. We pulled the boat into the harbor and walked into a little town in Michigan. (New Buffalo, MI) We tied him outside a restaurant cuz they wouldn't let him sit on the deck with us. A little boy and his mama walked by and the mama came in and said, "Who's big black dog is that out there?" I said, "Mine, why?" And she smiled and said that her son had half a hamburger left from his lunch and would like to give it to the dog! Isn't that cute? I thanked her and told her that Cabeza would LOVE the treat! Her son was so thrilled to give the big black doggie a hamburger! hahahaha!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 05:29:29 pm »
awwww that is such a cute story... AND a good mom who actaully asked  :D Well I will make sure my dogs wont read this post because they will get very disappointed with their way too hot day here. It is now 7.30 pm and it is still 92 outside and so humid you cant breathe.

Marit

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 05:43:54 pm »
Yeah, I was really impressed that she asked.

Where are you again, Marit? North Carolina, somewhere, right? I'm sure it is hot down there! We used to live in Chapel Hill. It got WICKED hot! It was a good thing that we had a creek running through our property. The dogs could always run down and cool off.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 05:51:58 pm »
yes Nicole, we live in NC, right outside Charlott and it is wicked hot lol..... and of course we dont have a creek, a pool but the mosquetoes have been sooooo bad around here this summer so every time I spend more than 10 min near that water I end up with so so many bites. And bear in mind that I am a scandinavian person, used to summers no warmer than 75 or so, well we can have it warmer but only for a couple of days then back to normal nice breezy summer again. I am dying here lol..... When I moved here I had never really been sweating before, now hahahahaha all I do is to wipe sweat it feels like, no more cool sofisticated look here hehe  ;D

Marit

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 05:55:48 pm »
hahahaha! Yeah, its hard not to be wilted in North Carolina. I remember when we first moved down there, it was August, and my boyfriend and I were both teachers. I was just mortified at going to work all sweaty and gross. But, after awhile, it just becomes a fact of life. Everyone is all sweaty and gross!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 05:55:51 pm »
Awwwww...he is so cute!!!  Great pics

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 06:06:03 pm »
Ok guys it is 8:03 and still too humid and hot to do anything, the poor dogs that live outside, I feel for all of them.  Tonka has done absolutely nothing but sleep, from the floor, to the couch, to the cooler bed back to the floor and start all over again. It is hard to get her to go out and potty, he friends are out behind us, but she is watching them play. Ready for fall.  Oh, yeah speaking of fall, the humane society is having a charity walk in October for anyone that lives near Charlotte, it is 1 mile and ofcourse our babies are more than welcome. All the money raised goes to benifit the poor doggies without a home. Tonka and I will be walking in it, not sure who will be walking who by that time. Will keep you posted. Right now we are 7 mos old and weigh 53 lbs. That is good for the runt of the litter.
Tasha

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 06:11:39 pm »
hahahaha! Yeah, its hard not to be wilted in North Carolina. I remember when we first moved down there, it was August, and my boyfriend and I were both teachers. I was just mortified at going to work all sweaty and gross. But, after awhile, it just becomes a fact of life. Everyone is all sweaty and gross!

Thank you sooooo much Nicole hehe nothing like a little peptalk  ;D Now it is out and oficial Marit is sweaty and gross hahahahaha yeah LuvmyMal we are soooooo ready for fall, winter time when people bulk up and put all kinds of clothes on I feel like me again and wonder why in the world they put all them clothes on, it is soooo nice hehe And yep I am planning on walking, Zeus who is nowadays in no mood to be around other dogs will stay at home, but at leat me, Malin and Jennifer and Hera and Galahad are planning on it, and maybe I can make the guys to go too  ;D

Marit