Author Topic: I'm so proud  (Read 3462 times)

mama23+pyrs2

I'm so proud
« on: April 14, 2007, 02:33:41 pm »
I took the pups to the SPCA for the first time this morning to get their vaccines, and boy were they popular! Everyone stared and smiled at them, asked me all about them (mostly what kind of dogs they were) People even around the corner were oooing and ahhing and yelling down the street asking what they were, getting out of their cars to come up and see them, it was a hoot! We had to wait there for well over an hour and the pups were the most well behaved dogs there, I was so proud of them. Everyone commented on how well behaved they were and they enjoyed all the love that got lavished on them. They pretty much made themselves at home, sprawled out across the floor, people had to walk over them lol.

There was one man who acted very impatient, anxious and seemed like an angry person..Yukon noticed him and didn't like him..paid attn to him until he left. But besides that and the Pitbull that came in all wired (Yukon didn't care for him at all either and let him know. :-X), they ignored everything else hahahah and were nice to the little doggies.

Anyway it was a nice visit and the techs were super sweet to them. They had only seen one Pyr in 3 years and he was immensly afraid of people, so he had to be conditioned over weeks before they could even touch him, so sad!!!

K, I'm babbling. I'm just so proud of them today, my big loves. :-*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 02:36:24 pm by mama23+pyrs2 »

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so proud
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 02:39:37 pm »
awwwwwwwwwwwww what a wonderful day! Yukon the little monster, he is a little character. Great socializing for them though! I am very proud too!  :-* :-*kisses to them both from me!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:25:26 pm »
They are traffic stoppers!  Congrats, what good puppies!!!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Kopi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 07:55:23 pm »
 :D Congrats with the great puppies!
(What breed are they, anyway?  ???)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 01:59:47 am »
:D Congrats with the great puppies!
(What breed are they, anyway?  ???)

Great Pyrenees :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 02:01:57 am »
Thanks guys! And yes, good socialization which I've been concerened about. I wish I knew more people with dogs. They need to practice being around large dogs, those are the ones they (or he) have issues with.