Author Topic: New to Group  (Read 13199 times)

Offline Leslie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: New to Group
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 08:51:15 pm »
Hi I'm Leslie, I'm owned by three Shiloh Shepherds, one Doberman and a Bernese Mountain dog, not to mention kids, cats and horses!

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 08:55:40 pm »
Welcome! You have a number of dogs there! Horses and cats, kids etc. How do you manage them all? :)

Offline Leslie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 09:14:32 pm »
Thank you for the welcome! As for how I manage? I never sit still!! LOL!

Offline katysdog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 03:43:35 am »
Thanks Jabear.  Without help I would be lost forever with this computer stuff!
Katy & Sunny

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2005, 04:18:12 am »
Im new to the group, hoping my picture is on the site now.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2005, 09:00:54 am »
Hello! Im going to try to post a picture of my new crew. Hopefully this will work. Im 43, we live on Eastern Long Island in NY. I work full time so I started riding with my dogs years ago. Its hard to exercise everyone individually so as you see I kill 3 birds with 1 stone this way.  Reno is a 5 yr old TB adopted from NY horse rescue, Apache is 2yr old Shiloh & Kiya is 11 month old Shiloh.
Carolyn

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005, 09:48:46 am »
Welcome Carolyn! You are so creative to exercise all of your animals at once. I bet the dogs love to be with the horse too. Bear grew up on a ranch and loved to just sit, watch and kiss the horses when they got close to him. Absolutely amazing to see them interact.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 01:12:05 pm »
Sometimes my guys prey drive gets the better of them, right now they have to be on lead when I ride. Apache is trained off lead, however he cant resist chasing deer on the trail & I don't want Kiya whose prey drive is much stronger taking off. We also enjoy barking at the horses especially when Reno runs around in his pen. All 3 are still new at this. We went thru some heart breaking losses & now its like starting over again, every days a training day.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2005, 01:31:11 pm »
Welcome, this is a wonderful place to meet new friends. And ohhh my oh my, I get that "horse urge" going when I see you with both dogs and hors. Used to have and breed horses (Arabian) but nolonger, that does not mean I don't get sick every time I see them, really do miss them.

;D Too funny, the way you say, "own dogs, cats and kids" lol...... they really are all our kids, no matter if they are two or fourlegged.

Nice to have you here,

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog