Author Topic: New to Group  (Read 13203 times)

Offline Zybala

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New to Group
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:50:44 am »
Just joined with our big dog Bear. He is a Shiloh Shepherd weighing in at a cool 100 pounds with is about standard for the breed. Beautiful site. Glad to be here.

Cathy, Steve and Bear

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: New to Group
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 11:08:59 am »
Welcome to the group. Glad to meet another "Bear" mom. How old is your baby? Our 2 1/2 year old Newf is 155 lbs. right now.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Zybala

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:57:47 am »
Our Bear is 4 1/2 years old. We live on our friends 11 acre property downstairs from them and take care of the grounds. They have a Shiloh Shepherd, Sarge(98 lbs), and a Leonburger, Hooch(145 lbs). This is the land of big dogs.
Cathy, Steve and Bear

Offline elmsfordlt

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 12:13:49 pm »
I have 2 Shilohs Storm (3 yrs) and Scout (18 months). Hopefully their photos are attached.  Frank

Offline Nancy-Jo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 05:18:36 pm »
Hi, I just joined this group. I'm not sure how to navigate yet. I have two Shiloh Shepherds. Teddy Bear will be 5 yrs old at the end of June and Gracie will be 1 yr old in the middle of June.  I would attach pictures if I could figure out how. Grace

Offline Nancy-Jo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 06:02:23 pm »
After a little advice, I'm going to attempt to post pictures again. If this works you'll see that I have an equal amount of little paws in my house. Grace

Offline JustVanya

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 06:03:18 pm »
Hi,

We just joined today, too.  My Pyr and I became best friends 5 years ago through the Colorado Springs Pyr Rescue.  She's been my only constant since moving from Colorado to LA, now to Las Vegas.
Vanya & Cobaka

Offline Nancy-Jo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 04:30:31 am »
That's a cute picture. I'm surprised the collar fits. I have a picture of Gracie as a baby with a collar like that but she grew out of it quickly. You must have bought the extra large size. Nancy-Jo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 04:32:34 am by Nancy-Jo »

Offline shepmommies

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • German Shepherd Dog Rescue of GA
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 06:53:02 am »
Hi!  I'm new here too (as of this morning).  We are in German Shepherd Rescue and have 4 adult GSD's of our own.  The other day, we pulled a "Shepherd" puppy from the local animal control, but we think he may be a Shiloh or a King Shepherd...he is HUGE (30 lbs at 3 months), and plush coated (so far). 

He looks just like the Shiloh puppies I've looked up on websites, and doesn't quite look like a GSD should at 3 months since his ears aren't huge.  What do y'all think??  One way or the other, we love him!

Jan
Jan
German Shepherd Dog Rescue of GA
Mom to 4 GSD's and 2 little mutts!

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 03:21:50 pm »
What a beautiful puppy!!  Now this is just my opinion but I don't think it has enough bone to be a Shiloh or King.  Also  in the DDR and Czech lines the puppies' ears come up much much sooner.  The other GSDs you have--are they American German or what?  Just out of curiosity.  Anyway just thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in.  Good luck with the puppy.  Minta

Offline katysdog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 07:41:18 am »
Hi All, My name is Katy.  I have a ISSR shiloh Shepherd named Zion's Sun Devil.  She's a NB3 brown sable plush.  Sorry, I don't know how to put her picture up.  Love all of your pictures.

Katy & Sunny
Katy & Sunny

Offline katysdog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 02:05:29 pm »

He looks just like the Shiloh puppies I've looked up on websites, and doesn't quite look like a GSD should at 3 months since his ears aren't huge.  What do y'all think??  One way or the other, we love him!

Jan

His head doesn't look like a Shiloh at all.  He's a nice GSD, but I doubt he has any Shiloh in him.  Why not ask the breed founder herself, Tina Barber.  She's at mashiloh@aol.com
Katy & Sunny

Offline jan n nori

• Gnawer
  • 5 month nori and yearling angel 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 05:04:47 am »
hi all just joined. i have a shiloh sheperd, one of the polar bear express pups from bolo sheperds. as soon as i figure this out i ll post a pic. nori is a white sable plush. she is 4 months and 43 pounds the lil porker ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 06:43:49 am »
Go  to the frequently asked questions link on the front page. There you can learn how to post a picture.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline KeyStone Shilohs

• Gnawer
  • KeyStones Jasper Jax O Zion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 08:01:12 am »
Hi I am new to the group too.  I have 2 shilohs (Jasper & Jersey) and an old GSD (Jaeger)

Jaeger is 11 and a half and pretty big for a GSD, but his temp is med-hard and we have had to be careful with him all his life when meeting new people and small running children!  Very strong prey drive!!!  He won't hurt them, but he likes to put them in their place, with his paws...below him!
So we went looking for another breed, more predictable with children, less of a prey drive, etc and we stumbled upon the Shilohs!  Everything we ever wanted in a shepherd...and so much more!

Jersey was three in March and is our little lightning bolt!  She only came with 2 speeds..."VERY FAST" and "STOP" there is no in between with her.  But she is loving and loyal and wonderful with kids and she never leaves my side.

Jasper just turned 2 yesterday.  He is the perfect combination of temperment for us.  He does not have a strong prey drive, loves little kids, and is very playful.  He got his CGC and TDI at 11 months old.  He is not my dominant dog, but he is the largest at 110lbs and 31" at the the withers.

i will post pictures as soon as i figure out how to.

Cher
Cher, Jasper, Jersey & Jaeger
KeyStone Shilohs