Author Topic: Yukon ate plastic!  (Read 5817 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Yukon ate plastic!
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:55:19 am »
My baby must have stuck her string cheese through the crate, it was still in it's package. I heard her whining and looked over and saw him chomping on it, before I could open the door he had swallowed the whole thing. Do you think he will pass it? ???

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Yukon ate plastic!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 10:45:35 am »
Mine have eaten pretty much every wrapper they can get their mouths on.  They have passed them all.  So yes I think he should pass it.  Usually the poo comes out gift wrapped.  :)  Just watch him to make sure that he's passing stuff and eating normally.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 10:52:31 am »
I agree it should pass. Keeping a close eye on him would be best for the next while. God I can't tell you what I have found in the yard from Farley.....ugh .... ::)

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:43:21 pm »
It should definately pass. I cant tell you how many times ive followed my pups around at night with a flashlight just to examine their poop like a crazy person.
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 03:53:12 pm »
Thanks guys. I guess this is the first of many unique snacking experiences. ::)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 06:10:30 pm »
LOL!!!  ;D  Yep, I've done the flashlight thingy many a time myself.  I've wondered though what someone would think if they saw me out there!  Mine are like little goats.  So far tonight I've stopped Sammy from eating the area rug in living room, an empty TP tube, and a large (2" across) Lego piece and Daisy's been trying to sneak Easter eggs all day! ::) Maybe because of the starvation that Sammy's endured, he gets chewy when he gets tired, even though he'd just eaten his dinner.  That's when I decided that he was ready for bed and he's sound asleep now.  :)

Your puppies are so adorable.  Hang in there!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 02:30:07 am »
How is Yukon today?

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 04:38:55 am »
I have to go check the yard today and see if anything was passed yet, not sure how long that takes. He is acting completely normal..eating, drinking, playing hard. So hopefully all is well!

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 04:41:37 am »
Glad to hear he is acting normal. Keeping our fingers crossed for you ;)
One of my 2 trouble makers managed to steal the ham wrapper yesterday. I thought I had got it in time but someone threw up this morning...oh along with some tin foil from the easter eggs :-X  :-\

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 04:44:16 am »
Glad to hear he is acting normal. Keeping our fingers crossed for you ;)
One of my 2 trouble makers managed to steal the ham wrapper yesterday. I thought I had got it in time but someone threw up this morning...oh along with some tin foil from the easter eggs :-X  :-\

Oh yuck. I was kinda hoping he would just throw it up and make the whole process a lot simpler. ;)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 05:58:11 am »
dogs eat the funniest things.  caine has a taste for charcoal.   not just any charcoal, the one with the lighter fluid already on it.  he'll eat an entire bag (charcoal, dust, and bag) if he can get his mouth on it, and will even escape into the neighbors yards and steal their bags.  the other day, i took the charcoal bag from him to find 5 minutes later he had a lighter, and swallowed it just before i could get it from him.  *most* of the time dogs will pass things just fine, just watch for signs of blockage or discomfort.   
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 06:02:24 am »
dogs eat the funniest things.  caine has a taste for charcoal.   not just any charcoal, the one with the lighter fluid already on it.  he'll eat an entire bag (charcoal, dust, and bag) if he can get his mouth on it, and will even escape into the neighbors yards and steal their bags.  the other day, i took the charcoal bag from him to find 5 minutes later he had a lighter, and swallowed it just before i could get it from him.  *most* of the time dogs will pass things just fine, just watch for signs of blockage or discomfort.   

Holy cow!!!! That's crazy. Mine have a thing for burnt wood. We had a little bonfire in the back a few weeks ago and every day after that, they would go  CRAZY pulling me to the leftover burnt wood to try and eat it, they had big chunks all over the yard, chowing down..yuck.

I totally forgot they have eaten crayons..I guess the plastic made me more nervous for some reason. I know the crayons came out. :o

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 06:05:09 am »
ha ha i know how you feel about being worried.  not long ago, caine went through a phase where he'd steal coke cans, dog food cans, etc and all you'd find were the top and bottom rings.  talk about worried!  thank god we're out of that phase now  :-\ it doesn't matter what we do, caine manages to find what he wants one way or another, whether it's in the neighbor's yards, our trash, or a can full of something out of the cabinet.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]