Author Topic: It's time....finally *** Or Not  (Read 4302 times)

lins_saving_grace

It's time....finally *** Or Not
« on: August 17, 2008, 11:05:41 am »
Well.  Me and Grace have been waiting for that leg ACL to bust for a while.  We prefer if it did bust in the winter during the ice and snow.  So...i think we got our wish.  I stopped babying her and let her run with Roscoe last night.  Man, she took off after him too.  She did a few triple luxes and today won't put her left paw on the floor.  I have to take her in for a follow up for the UTI and a booster tomorrow at 5:20 and we'll get the official word then.  But it looks like we'll be doing this ACL replacement (our last one) this week.  Then no more ACL watch and no more pussy footing around.  It's a big relief and next year will be our best summer ever (if last summer can be topped).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:30:24 pm by Lin »

Offline sc.trojans

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Gracie and Skylar
    • View Profile
    • Natural K9
Re: It's time....finally
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:58:53 pm »

Why are you injecting a vaccine booster while she is battling an infection? 
SC Trojans
with Gracie and Skylar

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: It's time....finally
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:25:31 pm »
Not to be a downer, but you do know a ACL can rupture again?

lins_saving_grace

Re: It's time....finally *** Or Not
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 03:34:10 pm »
Oh NO...we waited till the UTI cleared up to give the last booster.  I didn't mean to make it sound like I had the vet do it anyway.  They aren't like that.
But the UTI is cleared up and we are treating yet another yeast infection in the ear.  :)  what fun. 
The vet isn't ready to call the ACL busted.  I'm really amazed too.  We were all geared up for some serious recovery too. 
Anyway...Littl e One is eating up all this attention.  She finally made friends with the Dog Nazi, I mean Dr. Drobitch.  She wasn't too keen on him until Monday night when she sat in front of him while he was looking in her ear.  After he pulled his little ear looker-iner out of her ear, she handed him her paw. 
So...wait some more on this ACL we will.