Author Topic: Have you ever lost someone close to you?  (Read 4535 times)

Offline SnydersDanes

• Gnawer
  • Titan
    • View Profile
Have you ever lost someone close to you?
« on: April 11, 2007, 06:23:38 am »
Recently my little brother past away. He was 22 and it was very unexpected. My brother and his girlfriend were murdered by her ex- boyfriend. There were four children in the house but none of them were harmed.It happened in Bowling Green, Ohio.

My brother and I were very close. I have been in Ohio for the past week and half. It has been horrible. I can't explain all the emotions I have felt. I am back in Oregon now and his funeral has past. It has been so hard to carry on with daily activities lately. Everything keeps running in my mind. I am so sad.

Have any of you lost someone? Any advice on things that will help ease my pain?

Thank you

Connie

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever lost someone close to you?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:27:23 am »
Oh My Goodness I have never gone or felt what you are going through I just wanted to let you know how very sorry I am ~ Kim sending a hug
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:33:59 am »
i'm so sorry.  i lost my brother to "questionable" circumstances in '96.  it was really hard, and still is.  there are certain things that remind me of him and still cause me to break down.  the pain never goes away, and never gets "easier," but you end up getting a little better at controlling your emotions.  there was a book i read, but for the life of me i can't remember the name, i'll try to find it.  it really helped me.  the best thing i can suggest is take some time, go out for a long walk and just think.  don't think about how he died, just think about the good things that happened.  my best friend told me that if my brother were here, he wouldn't want me to be depressed and a sobbing mess forever.  friends make things easier, but i've also found they rarely know exactly how it feels.  so sorry you're having to go through this, i know how hard it is.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:37:34 am »
I'm so sorry for you loss!  Is there any way you could find a Grief Counseler?  Some specialize in loss of family members.  They'll have books on grieving so you can try to understand a bit more about your emotions.  When my grandma lost her husband she found a counseler, and she said it really helped, because she just needed to talk about things, she was also very confused about all the emotions she was feeling and the counseler helped her sort through everything.  

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:43:38 am »
I just wanted to say how sorry I am and that I'm praying for you !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:05:20 am »
I live just north of BG so I have seen all this on the news,I am so sorry you and your family are having to go thru this.I don't have any advice to offer just a shoulder to cry on if you ever need it and lots of prayers and hugs.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:20:22 am »
I am so sorry for your unexpected loss. I wish i could give you some words of wisdom, but all i can say is that we are all here for you and will listen whenever you need us. All good thoughts are coming your way!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 07:36:59 am »
I am so sorry. What a horrific situation to have to go through. The only people I've lost have been 2 grandparents 7 a great-grandma. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline gerty647

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 07:52:00 am »
Connie,
Let me start by saying How sorry I am for this tragic loss.
I have lost a close family member,My little sister who was 14 died in 1995,She was healthy young girl who got a chest cold and ended up in the hospital.The doctor's were some of the best in the country and she died because of their mistakes.
My family went through all the stages of grief,but for us it did get better,We still miss her and would give anything to have her back,But we know she's in a better place.
Just know that everyone deals with grief in their own way
and don't feel there is a timeline for your pain.
I think it helped us by talking about her all the time,
We still do.Just know that your family are in my prayers.
Jackie
Annabelle-Otterhound mix
Ruffles-Kitty

Michigan

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 09:17:06 am »
That is so tragic, I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. :(  I can only guess how devestated you must be.  Please know that we'll all support you in any way we can. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 12:00:39 pm »
I am so very sorry, that is such a horrible thing to have to deal with. Deaths are all difficult of course, just in different ways and this one is going to take a lot for you. :'( I wish there was something that anyone could say to make you feel the tiniest bit of relief but I am certain, no one has that word. Time heals..so they say and in ways it really does. It doesn't stop hurting, but it hurts a little bit less as it gets more distant and only time can give that. A LOT of it. I think what hurts more is forgetting things. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers, I am so sorry. I've lost many family members, Grandparents, Step Grandparents, Uncles, but the very hardest was firstly my Dad because I was just a child and I couldn't comprehend his illness. And secondly because of the different relationship and cirumstance..m y husband- my oldest daughters father. He died in a car accident when she was 2- that was 7 years ago. It's like a movie that replays in my mind often, some times are harder than others and I have dreams all the time. The fact that he even lived seems hard to believe anymore, death can bring so many weird, surreal feelings and so many coping instincts. I still grieve, just in a different way, and I'm sure I always will.

*HUGS*

Offline SnydersDanes

• Gnawer
  • Titan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 12:14:55 pm »
Thank you all so much. It nice hearing your advice and kind words.