Author Topic: Need tips on taking good pics of a Black Newf  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Pascal

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Need tips on taking good pics of a Black Newf
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:01:18 am »
hi,
I'm new here!

I have an 8 month old Newf girl, Guinness. She is my second Newf, my first,Murphy, (13 years old!!!)lives with the ex.

I notice that many of you have some AWESOME pictures on here of  your Black Newfs....mine pictures never seem to quite capture all the details of her face.

How do you get such good pictures? Professional Photographers??

ALSO...do you guys trim the hair on their backside? Guinness regularly pees on herself...drip s off the back end onto her fur and she REEKS!!! We take her to the pet wash, but in a day or two the stench is back...and I know you shouldn't bath Newfies all that often. Any tips?

Thanks,JIll

Anakalia

Re: Need tips on taking good pics of a Black Newf
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:30:11 am »
I don't know how much help I'll be as far as the picture taking, but I do know that pictures turn out much better if they're taken outside.  The natural light really helps!  Whenever I take a pic of Koby inside I always get blurry dog with glowy eyes! lol

As far as the grooming, yes you can keep the hair clipped shorter in the back and on her tummy.  You could also keep babywipes on hand in case she drips a bit on her legs.  Good luck, can't wait to see pics!  ;D

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Need tips on taking good pics of a Black Newf
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 01:11:07 am »
i definately have to agree on the natural light!! just make sure it's not too bright behind her, because then you won't see her beautiful newf facE!  it's so funny with pictures, just make sure you take a bunch then you've got some to choose from! ;)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!