Author Topic: Grrrr Why couldnt he leave it alone??? and You guys impressed the vet too.  (Read 6152 times)

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
I posted on here about a week ago about the papilloma (growth) on Morphs ear.  I took him to the vet when it started growing bigger and he wanted to leave it so that it would not grow back.  He said let it go through its cycle and then we will never have to deal with it again.  Which sounded great to me.  Well Mr. Morpheus obviously did not like that idea.  This morning me and Smitty had already gotten up and Morph AJ and Mason were all still asleep in our bed.  All of a sudden Mason starts screaming bloody murder and comes running out of the room COVERED in blood.  I asked him where he hurt and he couldnt tell me so I threw him in the shower.  Well there wasnt a mark on him, so I went into the room and OMG... Morph had apparently scratched at the growth and was bleeding and he had blood ALL OVER my room.  So I handed Mase to Smitty and Morph and I took off to the vet.  He looked at it and said that it needed to come off now but he couldnt do it till Tuesday.  Well while we were talking I told him everything that you guys had told me about this and the links that ya'll had posted for me to research.  He was quite impressed that I knew so much about it and wanted to know more about this group.  So I told him and he is going to recommend BPO to all of the rest of his big paw customers.  He said that if he has time he will even sign up cause "even though I am a vet I still dont know everything"  He is sooooo cool. 

So Morph will be haveing surgery on Tuesday and Dr. Cooper says that you all are awsome and I have to agree.  I just hope that he leaves it alone till then.  OH yeah that was another thing that he told me.  If it does start bleeding... put FLOUR on it to make it stop.  I had never heard of that but he says it will work.  So I guess that we should add flour to our first aid kits.

Please Pray that he leaves it alone so that it doesnt get any worse. 

Thanks
Carrie
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
so sorry that happened this morning  :-\  i remember being told to use flour or cornstarch, but i couldn't remember which one it was.  thanks!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
OOOOOH my skin crawls thinking about it! I am soo so sorry! But that is cool about your vet.

Yes flour acts as a bleeding stopper. I dip my papillons foot in a bowl of it if i get too close when clipping their nails. It works. I forgot how i found that out...
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Oh Morph.  Carrie I bet that scared the crap out of you.  I'm glad to hear Mason is okay though very sorry for Morph.  I think it's really cool that your vet is going to tell his other patients owners about BPO.  And Carrie, think of all the play dates you could schedule...  Dr. Cooper is awesome.  Modified because I forgot the most important part.  I hope poor Morph's ear feels better soon.  Keep us posted.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:06:42 pm by Gracie Belle »
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Anakalia

Awww poor Morph, hopefully he won't mess with it anymore! 

Your vet sounds super cool, lets hope he finds the time to sign up!