Author Topic: Saying 'hi' from the Netherlands.  (Read 3415 times)

Offline DobieLove

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Dreaming in the Quietest moments
Saying 'hi' from the Netherlands.
« on: April 16, 2007, 06:19:54 am »
Hello all,

My name is Kitty and I live in the Netherlands. Someone on http://ferretocious.hyperboards.com/index.php (a Ferret board) told me about Big Paws Only. I love big dogs, I shared my life with a Dobermann called Jared, he passed away March the 13th, 2007. He was a great gentle giant and I miss him very much. He lived to be 10 years and 9 months. I do hope to share my life with a dobermann again but for now I just miss my baby too much.

I still have two cute ferrets who always got along perfectly with Jared.

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Re: Saying 'hi' from the Netherlands.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 06:45:42 am »
awwww I am really sorry for your loss.  Jared sure was a handsome fellow. 
Welcome to the board.  I am Carrie mom to a 1 year old mastidane named Morpheus and a 4 year old keeshound named Aj.  I also have 2 skin kids one of them claims to be my hubby and says that he is not a kid but that is negotiable at times lol.  This place is really addictive and with all the puppy pictures flying around here I am sure that it wont be too long till you have the bug and are gonna be on the search for another one.
Welcome again
Carrie
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

chaosndestruction

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 07:27:29 am »
Hi Kitty! That was me! Welcome to this board too!!! I guess I should actually introduce myself now! I'm Bri caregiver to Keela the husky mutt, 2 horses, a couple ferrets and 2 cats!

Offline DobieLove

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Dreaming in the Quietest moments
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:37:55 am »
Thank you very much for the welcome!

I think I am going to love it here... I love big dogs, dobermanns especially of course.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 07:57:16 am »
Welcome! Jared looked like a sweet boy for sure. :) I'm sorry about his passing. :(

I'm Kristina and my big dogs are a brother and sister pair of Great Pyrs, almost 4 mos old.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:33 am »
Hallo Kitty! Welcome to BPO!

I am very sorry for loss. I hope you find a big paw to share your love again soon
RIP former BPO

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 08:05:14 am »
Hi Kitty, welcome to BPO.  I'm so sorry about Jared.  :( He was a very handsome guy with such soulful eyes, and I'm sure that you really miss him. I found BPO after I lost my Pyr to cancer and lurked for a long while before joining, but I found BPO very comforting and I hope that you will, too. I should say though, that after reading all of the wonderful BPO rescue stories, we recently adopted 2 new Pyrs. BPO can have that effect on folks. ;D Now our home is happy & full again with Daisy our 8 y/o GoldenX, Cassie a 2 y/o Great Pyrenees and Sammy a 3-5 y/o Pyr.  I'm also mom to 3 human kids and our kitties.   I'm glad that you found us!  I'd love to see some pics of your ferrets.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees