Author Topic: 210 pound brindle English Mastiff running lose in the rain!  (Read 18908 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
210 pound brindle English Mastiff running lose in the rain!
« on: April 17, 2007, 03:57:41 am »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Well I had the scare of my life yesterday. On of my workers left the gate open to the back yard. I went to let the dogs out before I went to bed got up put my night gown on don’t know why because I was going right back to bed! Went in the bathroom and something didn’t feel right. Went to the back door went outside and realized the gate was open on my god *#**@@###** I went out to the front and sitting like 2 perfect angels was Freya @ Milo thank god I rushed them in to the house and headed on down the street towards the screaming and people running in my bare feet and with only my nightgown on. Could see people running in the distance and shadows of Bryce I was screaming for him and I didn’t want to lose sight of him. He was going towards a busy street and all I could think of was he was going to get hit by a car. Bryce was barking at everything he could see that was how I could figure out where he was I finally caught up to him and I think he thought we were playing a game I got down on the ground and called him me in my night gown in the rain with no shoes on! He came running over to me all happy about his little adventure I grabbed his collar and headed back towards the house. Well every tree he went by he wanted to smell and I couldn’t be mean to him since he did come to me. Not only could he have been run over he could have been shot at or dog napped! I thank god he is safe and the gate will always get locked now. My feet are still recovering and my knees feel like jello! Frey and Milo are older then Bryce and Bryce has not been neutered yet so I guess the time has come to make that decision. Marina ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 210 pound brindle English Mastiff running lose in the rain!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 04:01:45 am »
ha ha ha what a sight that must have been!  not only did you have a HUGE dog to get attention, you were in your nighty!  ha ha how funny.  that's awesome that he came to you though!  wish there would be pics ha ha
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 04:44:12 am »
Oh my how scary!  I would have been freakin' out if Koby ever got loose! hahahaha I'm glad they're ok.  No more Hide and Seek games Bryce! lol

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 05:06:18 am »
I'm so glad you and your bunch are all OK.  I know we don't live that far from each other and the weather last night was aweful!

Give your Angels a hug from me and a special hug to the naughty runaway!!

Randy & Harley

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:43:31 am »

tell me about it i felt like i was in a movie! Maybe in a hurricane movie with a big dog lurking in the shadows making his mother run on what felt like glass and i m a BIG girl running down the street with my night gown clinging to me all i can wish for is that no one saw me! When i went out to the car the next am i did'nt get any strange looks maybe they were being nice to me?  ;D ;D ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

I'm so glad you and your bunch are all OK.  I know we don't live that far from each other and the weather last night was aweful!

Give your Angels a hug from me and a special hug to the naughty runaway!!

Randy & Harley
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 08:53:17 am »
That's horrible! How scary and embarassing, not that you cared at the time but geez, he's a bad boy for making you go through that. Thank God he came though.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 10:56:41 am »
OMG I'm so glad that he came to you. I have envisioned myself running after one of my dogs in my robe :o

My gate was left opened once. After that I put a chain with a lock on it
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 02:11:34 pm »
I forgot to mention one of the ways i could also trace Bryce was he had a big bell on his collar they are made by silverfoot they are to let the grizzly bears know that you are coming. A friend of mine gave it to me when he was a pup i thought it kinda funny but now i will keep it on him at all times!For some of us , bears are a part of everyday life. They become most dangerous when taken by surprise. Let them know you're in the area... A must if you travel through bear country.Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »
OMG thank goodness you got him home safe and sound! :o That bell looks GREAT. We are out in the wilderness and hat would be good for Atlas to wear! I got him one of those blinker things for in the dark but noise would be good too!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 03:05:56 pm »
I can totally relate with the night gown attire- like what does it matter? your baby is in danger... right? So glad to hear that you caught him before anything happened. I love the bell idea, I may have to look into getting some of those.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 05:31:25 pm »
LOL. Trust me, run around in your nightie enough times chasing the dogs and the nieghbors simply cease to notice anymore. Of course you don't get many invites to backyard barbeques anymore either.
Stella                                                                                                       
Stella, you cracked me up!  I was sitting here reading this with my heart racing imagining how I'd feel if one of my babies were running toward a busy street like that, so thanks so much for the big laugh!  Thank goodness Bryce is ok and his mommy is a hero, just in a nighty...inste ad of a Superman cape!   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees