Author Topic: does anyone here do this??  (Read 8111 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: does anyone here do this??
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 05:53:49 am »
I got a nice persription for Xanax when i quit smoking a few weeks ago.  it does WONDERS for anxiety and that high strung high.  sometimes when i have a weak moment...since i really don't have the quit smoking anxiety anymore...i slip a pill of that.  GOD i love that stuff!!!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 05:57:19 am »
Another thing I've heard about lavendar scent...if you put a drop of lavendar oil on your pillow at night, it helps you have a good sleep  ;)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 05:58:45 am »
i'm already on wellbutrin 200 mg a day because of stress, but dr is suggesting i go to 300mg a day or switch meds.   :-\  thanks to events recently (mostly thanks to uncle sam and hubby's job), i have "coping problems" that translate into anxiety's that translate into me stressing out.

happiday, how hard it lavender to grow?  i'd LOVE to grow some, but the only thing i can keep alive is my banzai trees.  even my gardenia bush outside is the same size as it was when i planted it outside a year and a half ago...  even with miracle grow...   ???
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

k2campbell

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 06:03:51 am »
Another thing I've heard about lavendar scent...if you put a drop of lavendar oil on your pillow at night, it helps you have a good sleep  ;)
If you're like me, your bed probably smells like dogs anyway, so the mist is a refresher AND relaxer!  :D
Ha ha ha, you mean your bed smells like Keagan's stinky farts!!! :D ;D ;)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 06:05:00 am »
bath and body works sells a linen mist with lavender in it!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 06:11:51 am »
We did actually use the sage, to "clear out the negative energy".  Sort of a ritual that you go through every room and ask, aloud, for the room to be filled with positive energy.  Then when you are meditating, you want to surround yourself in white light, if you are wanting to feel calm, you are supposed to picture blue or pink light (which is supposed to be soothing).  They have the CDs of meditation music, which playing really softly in the background, is very helpful as well.  
I, personally, don't like insensce, but you are supposed to customize your area to what relaxes you.  If you like incense and it soothes you, then by all means, use them.  
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 06:13:23 am »
do you have luck with asking for positive energy?  if you do, can you come do my whole neighborhood for me???  ha ha.  my luck is so crumby right now i almost hit three deer standing in the middle of the road IN my neighborhood a few nights ago.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 06:18:26 am »
Hi, again!  Lavender isn't hard to grow.  Just water it once a week.  I found it at Trader Joe's.  check www.traderjoes .com   They're opening a store in Atlanta tomorrow!
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 06:19:08 am »
thanks!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 06:24:24 am »
do you have luck with asking for positive energy?  if you do, can you come do my whole neighborhood for me???  ha ha.  my luck is so crumby right now i almost hit three deer standing in the middle of the road IN my neighborhood a few nights ago.
LOL.  I, honestly, think it just changes your state of mind.  When I actually talk about it, it sounds like a bunch of new age hooey, but yes, I think it works.  I have to admit, it is not something I do on a daily basis.  But there are the moments when I have to just stop and take 10 mins and find my center.  It is just a little me time.  I have to confess, that I don't tell people about it, for fear they will think I am a whack job.  But, I think that finding that positive state of mind internally, can effect what happens externally.  I think the sage, and such, are sort of like Dumbo's feather, if you know what I mean.  I know that scents, like lavender and vanilla, can be very soothing, I think sage stinks though (at least the sage bundles you are supposed to burn).
You can meditate anywhere, wherever you feel the most relaxed.  Whether that be on the couch, in the tub, lying in bed, there is no preset way that you must meditate.  It is just finding that place that you can concentrate and focus on you.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 06:29:11 am »
well, if you are, i am!  i've never known anyone with chronic bad luck, but i swear everything i've done the past week and a half has gone wrong.  even poor axle isn't safe, he got his butt beat by diesel last night b/c diesel instigated playing and axle didn't want to  ???  it's contagious!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 06:38:15 am »
I've had good success taking an herbal supplement called "Happy Camper", a combination of calming herbs found at the health food store or online www.naturalbal ance.com  They have a store finder on the website.  Another single herb that works well for stress is KavaKava (also available from botanic choice).   Just suggestions; I have used them and they have worked for me and family members with stress for years.  Remember to do your homework for your particular situation; what works for some isn't always what works for others.
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 06:40:08 am »
kinda like rescue remedy?  works well enough for dogs, and i don't have any allergies to herbs, etc.  just man made scents in some soaps ha ha.  thanks!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 07:51:43 am »
if it worked, i'm going to try some!  after hubby got hit by a hand grenade two years ago, i was diagnosed with P.T.S.D., PP depression, and "coping problems" (the funny one, separation anxiety).  after counseling, medicine and everything else they've done (even send hubby to counseling to learn how to cope with *me*) i've managed to just about control everything, until i get stressed, at which time everything goes out the window.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 08:02:00 am »
thanks!  i have bad luck with the oil burners.  i actually caught my mom's kitchen on fire a little, and in turn burnt her good luck kitchen witch she brought home from her visit with my uncle in germany...  and her curtains...  and part of a few fake flowers...

maybe i should try the electric ones though.  what could possibly go wrong with those?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:02:59 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)