Author Topic: Ahh, I love him  (Read 4601 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Ahh, I love him
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:11:58 pm »
I know I'm always talking about Yukon and not Yiska so much but he seems so connected to me, and her more independent. I was upset tonight, my daughter was too..we were crying and I was hugging her. Next thing I know there is Yukon standing to the side giving me his paw until I noticed him. After I stopped hugging her, he got up in front of me and gave his paw again, when I took it, he used me to stand up and put both paws on me for a hug!! I hugged him (which was easy seeing as he's so big now!) and he was happy and walked away.

Awwwwwwwwww. He picked up on my emotions so fast and responded, I wasn't expecting it. He's only a baby! Yiska was clueless chewing a bone. ::) He's the biggest sweetheart, he really is.

Anakalia

Re: Ahh, I love him
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:20:00 pm »
Awwww what a sweetheart!  Koby does that same thing, and I've never had a dog like that until Koby, so I know what you mean!  Good boy Yukon!  :)

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 09:35:59 pm »
how sweet!!! It's great how they do that huh? merlin is my magic man. He started picking up on my heart condition at 6 months and alerts me to it before i have an angina attack. HE figured it all out by himself, he just whines and paws my chest till i take my meds and lie down. When I sleep he sleeps next to my chest and everything just in case. Sweetpea isnt so tuned in, but she has been watching and learning.

Dogs are a lot more perceptive than we think. Yukon, you are a good boy!!! Keep it up! Thats therapy dog material! ;) :)
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:19:39 am »
Way cute!!! I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that male dogs are more tuned in. It just seems like the females aren't as sensitive in that way. In any case, Yukon just sounds like such a sweetie pie!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:35:07 am »
awwwwwww - how sweet!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 09:14:42 am »
I used to really only like male dogs as my pets . They always seemed to be more aware of my feelings than females , that is ,until I got Allie , now she is my right hand girl !

Hugs to Yukon ! And Yiska  ;)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 09:35:36 am »
Yeah that is funny about males. I knew I wanted a male pup when I found my breeder and she was trying to talk me into a female, saying they would have less dominance issues, but I stood my ground wanting a male. Anyway, I've felt that they are more tuned in too. She seems more aloof anyway. I'm sure it also depends on the individual personality too. She kinda just hangs back in every situation.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 07:13:47 pm by mama23+pyrs2 »

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 06:05:33 pm »
What a great story!  Warming my chilled heart today!  I know what you mean about one dog being aloof and one being tuned in.  Even though Bo is a great therapy dog to other people, she's pretty much out of touch with me!  We can hardly get her to come inside most of the time, so if I were having a bad day, she probably wouldn't even notice!  Floyd, on the other hand, is my shadow.  He goes EVERYWHERE with me.  When I go into the bathroom to blowdry my hair in the morning, he follows me & then lays down on the floor until I'm done.  He always sits next to me & at night sleeps right next to me (much to my husband's chagrin)!!  I'm so thankful to have a balance between aloof & affectionate dogs!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 09:06:00 am »
It never ceases to amaze me how attuned animals can be to human emotions.  My cat knows when I am upset, even if I'm not showing any outward signs.  He's not a lap cat AT ALL but he knows and he curls up in my lap.  As soon as I start to feel better, he's outta there.

Anyone who is not an "animal person" just doesn't understand this phenomenon.  As far as I'm concerned they're missing out on a miracle.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 08:42:24 pm »
My male Noah would do that to me and my kids. The girls never even look at us if we're upset. I'm hoping Tripper will want to hug uis when we get upset. I miss the big dog hugs.

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 09:06:25 pm »
That's so amazing, isn't it? So sweet!
Rosie - Newfoundland